New
Find
Notify
Tools

Biebs aint so bad! Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Rather-B-Huntin
posted
Last week my son and I saw a muzzle loader listed for sale within these very pages. My son is 11 years old an up and coming hunter whom harvested his first deer this past season, and is very excited about trying his hand at muzzle loader hunting. He's started saving his money and is well on his way to his goal of purchasing his first muzzle loader.
So when we see that our very own Mr. Bieber had one listed for sale that was priced within my son's realm of affordability, we jumped on it.
Unfortunately, we were a tad late and another had already claimed it.
Upon informing Biebs that if the prospective deal fell through we would take it, we were informed that the deal was pretty much done, but that he had another option available that he could let go for much less! It turns out that what he meant by "much less" was a very gracious donation of a Knight DISC ML to my son. All Biebs asked for was an address he could send it to. Wouldn't even accept compensation for shipping.
The look on my son's face when it arrived today was priceless. I haven't heard the word "Awesome" muttered so many times since the last time I watched a NASCAR post-race interview. It was all I could do to keep him from loading it up and test firing out the back door.
I would like to extend a very heartfelt THANK YOU!! to Mr. Biebs for what he did for my son today. His extension of generosity is what makes being a part of the shooting/hunting fraternity and an AR member such an honor.

Sincerely,

Tim & Garrett Beller

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded emotional and sexual maturity".

Posts: 258 | Location: Winfield, WV | Registered: 06 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Biebs IS a good guy. I'm very pleased for your son.
Jon:
I'm trying to upgrade my vintage English box lock doubles to vintage English side locks. I can post you my address at any time.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
A Gentleman and Scholar.

Posts: 17105 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Please don't post true stories like this about Biebs.

I spend a good amount of time spreading lies about his shooting abilities dancing

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Outstanding! But I can't say I'm surprised.

Posts: 10007 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Good man!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
It doesn't get much better than this. A class act all the way.

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
he's a good guy, even if he isn't from Texas.....

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2827 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like Biebs. Really good guy.

JP Sauer Drilling 12x12x9.3x72
David Murray Scottish Hammer 12 Bore
Alex Henry 500/450 Double Rifle
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock 6.5x55
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock .30-06
Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
Cogswell & Harrison Hammer 12 Bore Damascus
And Too Many More

Posts: 1857 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
He's definitely a class act...

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9336 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
Great thing to do! Class act!

Posts: 5698 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh STOP! :-)

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Moderator Please lock the thread. Non shooting items for sale!!! bsflag

Posts: 3700 | Location: MI | Registered: 12 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Oh STOP! :-)

Nope ,your a nice guy and will just have to live with it!!! Big Grin

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What gracious thing to do. Cheers!

Posts: 1278 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
Well played JB...well played.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
AND, he shoots a Blaser!!!! Not sure whether he smokes a pipe though!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good guy for sure. However, Scholar is a stretch.
rotflmo

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1926 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
However, Scholar is a stretch.

Another Turd surfaces in the punch bowl! :-)

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BEGNO:
Good guy for sure. However, Scholar is a stretch.
rotflmo

Biebs is very learned and smart. I bet he used fed ex or even usps to send the rifle. Cause he knows who drops and damages parcels like those other guys ... Can't remember what they are called.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Biebs is very learned and smart. I bet he used fed ex or even usps to send the rifle.

Same name as you....INFIDEL!!!!!!!!!!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've been meaning to mention that my 11 year old wants his first double rifle....I'm thinking H&H .375 for his starter, eh, Biebs? Big Grin Any old thing would do as long as it's not a Blaser.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
Biebs

You are a hell of a good man tu2.

Cal30

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3070 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've been meaning to mention that my 11 year old wants his first double rifle....I'm thinking H&H .375 for his starter, eh, Biebs? Big Grin Any old thing would do as long as it's not a Blaser.

Gordo, I do have a double that I'll send down to ya'll. It shoots great, but to shoot beyond 3 feet, you'll have to cut the strings that are attached to the corks :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Peter,

There you go pointing to Jon's fundemental flaw. Some people ... :-)

Posts: 10007 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well it was turning into a big love fest! Just wanted to bring everyone back down to earth.
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Blasers Rule!!!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Gordo, I do have a double that I'll send down to ya'll. It shoots great, but to shoot beyond 3 feet, you'll have to cut the strings that are attached to the corks :-)

I hope it has a single trigger.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I hope it has a single trigger.

And express sights! :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Biebs and I were were hunting for buff with three other folks in Zimbabwe this year. Turns out that one of the members of our party had brought not one but two pairs of shoes which both gave him bad blisters and he considered ending his hunt prematurely.

Without skipping a beat, Biebs offered his pair of expensive boots (Russells?) and continued his hunt using a pair of Crocs sandals.

I guess those were lucky boots because the hunter wound up harvesting not one but two buffs. He had shot the first one but the PH insisted that he missed and told him to shoot again, which he did. That resulted in two buffs down at no extra charge.

Biebs a good guy? Nah he's a great guy in my book!

Posts: 134 | Location: Cebu, Philippines | Registered: 08 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Monkeyhunter:
Biebs and I were were hunting for buff with three other folks in Zimbabwe this year. Turns out that one of the members of our party had brought not one but two pairs of shoes which both gave him bad blisters and he considered ending his hunt prematurely.

Without skipping a beat, Biebs offered his pair of expensive boots (Russells?) and continued his hunt using a pair of Crocs sandals.

I guess those were lucky boots because the hunter wound up harvesting not one but two buffs. He had shot the first one but the PH insisted that he missed and told him to shoot again, which he did. That resulted in two buffs down at no extra charge.

Biebs a good guy? Nah he's a great guy in my book!

Oops, keyboard slip - make that "last year". :-(

Posts: 134 | Location: Cebu, Philippines | Registered: 08 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This whole Biebs is a saint thing is getting tiring Cool

We need to move the focus back to Biebs poor shooting abilities, this love of german guns that are antithesis of traditional african rifles and his admiration for the "dark side"

This is how Biebs is going to treat me in Dallas in less than a week when I ask him questions about getting a Blaser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKUDTPbDhnA

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If it was you, I would have stomped on it :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
If it was you, I would have stomped on it :-)

Like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q6_9A90cUk

I am just glad the blaser package would ship in a specially cut pelican case!!!!

A week to Dallas

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ace! My man!

One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
quote:
Blasers Rule!!!!

+1 tu2

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote