Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is It Just Me? Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Has Cabela's customer service gone down the crapper? Ordered several item's Tues. They first of all ask if you would like to pay a extra $12.00 to have items delivered in 10 days. They ship from Wisc, about 100 miles from me. Stuff should be delivered the next day. Confused

Posts: 834 | Location: Plover, Wi | Registered: 04 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
There are many issues involved with shipping today. Fuel prices are a big one. Incompetent employees who mis-direct packages is a growing problem as well. Shipping times seem to be increasing, and in my case, shippers are missing their intended delivery dates with more frequency. I have had to call all three carriers when packages fail to arrive as scheduled, even though I know I'll just get excuses and have to wait another day for my items to arrive.

In just the past two weeks, UPS, FedEx and USPS Priority Mail have all missed their published delivery dates to my residence. I live in a suburban area of one of the largest cities in the USA, with both UPS and FedEx hubs in town, so it's not a matter of being unable to find my residence. I also notice that both UPS and FedEx are now delivering much later in the day - 7p.m. seems to be popular with both carriers lately.

I fully expect the problem to be amplified when the USPS cancels Saturday delivery. The more FedEx and UPS become the only viable options, the more their customer service will deteriorate.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There is a lot of money to be made in extra shipping charges if you are willing to fall for them

Posts: 19314 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not a trucking problem. CABELA'S is slow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The carriers can't deliver what they don't have.

Posts: 834 | Location: Plover, Wi | Registered: 04 October 2009Reply With Quote