New
Find
Notify
Tools

Senior moment Login/Join 
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
Didn't have my readers on and managed to brush my teeth with cortisone cream instead of Crest. Tasted kinda bitter-bland, and now my gums are numb. Knew this would happen sooner or later.

hilbily

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16350 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My wifes uncle was bald and I have no idea why he would be using Brylcreem (the hair dressing that a little dab will do you)but he grabbed a tube of Deep Heat. His head was burning and his mouth felt funny. His wifes mouth also felt funny. They had gotten their dentures switched.

Posts: 3803 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Could be worse - you could have swapped your haemorrhoid cream with your toothpaste and ended up with shrunken gums and a ring of confidence

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4456 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nitro Express
posted Hide Post
If your eyedrops bottle and bottle of super glue look a lot alike, don't store them next to one another on the bathroom countertop.

LTC, USA, RET
Benefactor Life Member, NRA
Member, SCI & DSC
Proud son of Texas A&M, Class of 1969

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?" Robert Browning

Posts: 1545 | Location: Native Texan Now In Jacksonville, Florida, USA | Registered: 10 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
My Dad told the story about one year in hunting camp (Airstream) one of the members kept getting up early, banging around in the dark and brushing his teeth among other things.
He was loud enough about it to wake them every morning but the crowning morning was when he got his tube of "Ben-Gay" instead of his tooth paste.

Posts: 4227 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Damn! I thought all you guys were normal.

Posts: 13772 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Mix-ups are more common than you all think! Big Grin Keep things separated! rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Bill, many years ago when I was stilled married to my ex, her Grandpa came to stay for a while + I heard him one morning in the bathroom shouting out "This Brylcreem toothpaste tastes like shit!"

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
When I was much younger, "getting lucky" had a particular connotation. These days, "getting lucky" means walking from one room into the other and remembering why I did!

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I worked with an old man once who said, "At my age, I'd rather be promised than offered."

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
This may be the best post this year.

What denture cream does MS use?

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was going to reply to this post but forgot what I was going to say.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
A while back I confessed to mistakenly applying cortisone cream to my toothbrush. Well, this morning I got into the shower only to realize I had my glasses on. Someone please tell me I am not the first human being ever to make this goof.

– John Green, author

Posts: 16350 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try getting onto the shower with your hearing aids on. They don’t like water.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2634 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D.WayneHoobler:
When I was much younger, "getting lucky" had a particular connotation. These days, "getting lucky" means walking from one room into the other and remembering why I did!

OR letting a fart go and its only just a fart!

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1958 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
HAVE MERCY!

– John Green, author

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill, don't worry, Einstein used to fall out of cars because he forgot to shut the door + looked for his glasses when they were on the top of his head. You're in good company.

One of Us
Picture of Nevada Wapati
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nitro Express:
If your eyedrops bottle and bottle of super glue look a lot alike, don't store them next to one another on the bathroom countertop.

Had a lady at work do that a few years back. Rinse with cold water to crystalize the glue. A Dr. can them pick the crystals out with tweezers.

Posts: 385 | Location: Carson City | Registered: 17 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nashcat
posted Hide Post
Don’t store cayenne and cinnamon on the same shelf, unless you put on your glasses before you season your bowl of oatmeal.

Posts: 331 | Location: MiddleTennessee | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nashcat,

It sounds like you speak from experience.

Posts: 9994 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Many years ago when my boys were little, I came down to breakfast to find my youngest in tears. Mom was DEMANDING that he eat his grapefruit half after she sugared it + he refused with tears in his eyes the size of horse turds. Seems she had used salt instead of sugar.

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
That would not be a tasty grapefruit. That reminds me of my recent trip to visit my mother at Thanksgiving time. She has a water softener. I made coffee one morning and just could not drink it. It sure tasted off but I couldn't place the problem.

Weeks later she told me someone else was visiting and went to get a drink of water and it was salty.

~Ann

Posts: 19148 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All of us out here in the country are on well water. About 25 years ago a newcomer (of northern persuasion) moved out here + although all our wells are at approx. 600' + in the 3rd Trinity Aquifer, this jack leg wanted to go to 900', just because he was new, a Yankee, = thought he knew it all. Anyway he hit 900' + hit salt water. The well people capped it immediately (Thank GOD) = he was told to never try to drill that deep again. The whole community would have been affected by his Yankee ways. IMO, that kind of behavior justify public hanging.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The old rancher where I was half raised
had a metal can with salt in it and a white
glass bowl with sugar in that one.

Us long timers there watched several newbies
dip in the wrong bowl when fixing their coffee.

He never said if that was on purpose or just one
of his many glitches.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote