Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nra life membership curse Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
I got off the 5 year installment plan (can’t turn down 0 percent carry) for nra and paid up at sci to support gun rights ect.

Now I get calls all f@cking day from the nra. I will seriously upgrade to patron or benefactor to stop these marketing calls.

Still I got to thank Gato for judging me towards life membership.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Huh, maybe you pissed someone off. Smiler

I've been a life member since college, and am now a Benefactor member. I can count on one hand the number of phone calls I get during a year. I get plenty of mail though, and some of it goes back with checks.

I suggest you call the membership line and bitch a little to get them to take you off the call list.

Posts: 3288 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nitro Express
posted Hide Post
I'm a Life Member at the Patron level, on the monthly payment plan to go to Benefactor, and I still get an occasional call.

And fairly frequent letters from Wayne, asking for extra cash.

LTC, USA, RET
Benefactor Life Member, NRA
Member, SCI & DSC
Proud son of Texas A&M, Class of 1969

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?" Robert Browning

Posts: 1537 | Location: Native Texan Now In Jacksonville, Florida, USA | Registered: 10 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Been a life member for years and about 12 years ago, became a Benefactor member. I still get calls, mail, etc. I called and asked my rep how to get off of the mailing list. They said to just throw it away. They make around $3,000,000.00 per mailing over expenses. If they call, just hang up.

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1093 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

At least you're helping out. AFA the calls go, just consider it a personal call from me, when you just have to send someone money, PM me and I'll give you my address.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
I got off the 5 year installment plan (can’t turn down 0 percent carry) for nra and paid up at sci to support gun rights ect.

Now I get calls all f@cking day from the nra. I will seriously upgrade to patron or benefactor to stop these marketing calls.

Mike

I became a lifer back when Clinton got elected.. have since upgraded to Patron, and will likely upgrade to benefactor before the year is out..

Your only mistake was to give them your phone number!!! I have 2 numbers... my landline, which I NEVER answer. and my cell which NOBODY gets unless your very special.

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1957 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I became a lifer 30 plus years ago. And have moved up to patron.
I get some mail solicitation from them. Rarely do I open it. I give when I can and on my schedule, but I most certainly do support the NRA financially. It’s easy to ignore their mail.
We NEVER answer the phone unless caller ID tells us who is calling and we want to take that call. If they don’t leave a message, it must not have been important. I don’t think we are getting phone calls from them.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2627 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Smokin Joe
posted Hide Post
Just contact them and say you want to opt out of all contact

https://contact.nra.org/contact-us.aspx

Posts: 403 | Location: CA | Registered: 30 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Smokin Joe:
Just contact them and say you want to opt out of all contact

https://contact.nra.org/contact-us.aspx

That works. I was being flooded with mail and calls (this was before Email) and I threatened to quit. They stopped sending me stuff.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I also told them no phone calls and they stopped.

Posts: 10460 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I agree.I'm a lifer as well + yes I still get constant mailings that really cost all of us money in their quest for more.I have known fellow hunters who have dropped their membership for that very reason. Bad move,that.It takes money to keep alive what we should NOT have to finance,but we do need to + that is the truth.We HAVE to stay on top of this + the NRA is the entity to do this...with our help.It is OUR rights after all.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
This is no different than the credit card and charity solicitations that you probably get every week..

In talking to some marketing folks, believe it or not, even with only a 1% response rate, it is still profitable..

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1957 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would venture to say that 9 out of ten calls I get daily are from telemarketers;+ I have several years ago signed up on the no call list.Does'nt matter. I have been getting calls from a collection agency (scum of the earth) asking for my son. Hell.he has'nt lived here in over 25 years,why are they calling + tying up my line? Is there a law about this kind of undo harassment?But the one that really rankled my ass was the 3 AM faxes. My # goes off in the home as well as my shop,thus waking me up with crap that I am not interested in buying,etc.I was so pissed that I went all the way to the A.G.Nothing they could do as the messages came out of Canada.So much for help on the homefront by our paid officials,so I just fixed it myself.I had their fax #,so I just sent them back several pages of black paper. Your loss of ribbon now bucko. Might be petty but it made me feel a little better as I had at least some way of striking back after a rape by any terms.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got a call at 8:48pm today from the nra asking for more money. I told them to please take me off their telephone list.

I was as nice and civilized as I could be.

Hopefully this ends it. I will upgrade at disc or SCI next year.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I understand. I support the NRA ;however I find it hard to give money to anyone who already lives better than me. That seems to be the general consencus.As an addendum on this,I have never found any sexual misconduct charges on ANY NRA personel.That tells me right out of the box that our people have a more moral outlook on life in general.

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
I would venture to say that 9 out of ten calls I get daily are from telemarketers;+ I have several years ago signed up on the no call list. Does'nt matter. I have been getting calls from a collection agency (scum of the earth) asking for my son. Hell.he has'nt lived here in over 25 years,why are they calling + tying up my line? Is there a law about this kind of undo harassment?But the one that really rankled my ass was the 3 AM faxes. My # goes off in the home as well as my shop,thus waking me up with crap that I am not interested in buying,etc.I was so pissed that I went all the way to the A.G.Nothing they could do as the messages came out of Canada.So much for help on the homefront by our paid officials,so I just fixed it myself.I had their fax #,so I just sent them back several pages of black paper. Your loss of ribbon now bucko. Might be petty but it made me feel a little better as I had at least some way of striking back after a rape by any terms.

There are people making a living suing telemarketers. Log when they call and when you tell them to stop. Report them to the due not call list. If they call again, agree to meet their local representative (solar panel, companies, Investments, etc.) Get their business card and sue the local company in small claims court under the violation of the "do not call list". 99% of the time they will not show and you will win the judgement on the local company. File a lien on the local business and you'll get your money.

There's a guy on Calguns.net that does this all the time and is clearing $30+ grand a year.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12500 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote