Notify
Tools

Enjoy a 1976 interview of John Wayne Login/Join 
One of Us
posted

Posts: 8274 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
More than most of us John Wayne got to be JOHN WAYNE.

We can throw out our chests on the Internet and state our opinions as if they came from God's heart to our mouth. We can pretend to be smarter, braver, more intelligent than we really are. We can even pretend to be the reincarnation of John Wayne, but at the end of the day we have to accept who we really are; something less. The best we can hope for is to turn off the computer, and with a little luck be a better man when the sun rises, than we were when the sun set the previous day. Only John Wayne gets to be JOHN WAYNE.

Posts: 13772 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Um, he was a human actor; nothing more, nothing less. He was not a deity. You do remember the term 'play acting' I trust.....

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
That was a great interview (on the Duke's part).I must confess that I agree with him on everything he said. I heard an interview with actor Jeff Daniels several years ago when he mentioned meeting John Wayne + giving him his first Hollywood advice. He said never wear suede shoes;because someday you'll be in the men's room + the guy at the next urinal will turn to you + say "YOU'RE JOHN WAYNE!!"

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote