THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    Won Powerball twice??, buy the 2nd biggest ranch in Texas......

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Won Powerball twice??, buy the 2nd biggest ranch in Texas...... Login/Join 
one of us
posted
.....The Waggoner for $725 Million.

Here's a fairly interesting older story about the ranch and the feuding heirs...looks like the "sell it" side is winning at this time.

Waggoner Ranch

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
More like win the Powerball 4 times. What a spread. John Malone or Ted Turner are probably dreaming about it.

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Probably either one could afford it. But it's only 525,000 acres (m/l, not sure of exact figure).

Personally I'm pulling for the guy who wants to keep it in the family, but I have no real info on the current situation.

My bet is that one would have to show some serious financial responsibility to get a showing. Wink

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interesting read. I've hunted the King and vermejo, but nothing as large as the Waggoner w/ a single fence around it !

Posts: 1991 | Location: Sinton, TX | Registered: 16 June 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm amazed by Texas ranches. I was at the "South meadow" of the King ranch. 40,000 acres

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed the hell outta that story.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote