Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Does Google Know About You??? Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Ever wonder what Google knows about you?

> Find out here – adssettings.google.com

Ever wonder what Google tracks from your online searches?

> Find out here – myactivity.google.com

Did you know Google tracks you via your phone?

> Find out where you have been - myactivity.google.com

Want Google to stop tracking you?

• Open Google Maps on iPhone or Android.
• Tap the menu bar on the top-left of the app.
• Choose “Your Timeline.”
• Tap the three dots on the top-right of the screen.
• Choose “Settings and privacy.”
• Select “Automatically delete location history.”
• Change the setting from “Keep until I delete manually” to “Keep for 18 months” or “Keep for 3 months.”

Who needs Big Brother when Google is doing the job. Then again, some folks just love to post everything there is to know about themselves on Social Media including their home location, pictures of themselves and family members, pets, valuables and belongings, vehicles, work, vacation and travel schedules, etc., etc.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Indeed. There is beaucoup of info on you out there already. No point in making it easier on the powers that be. My sister went into Whole Foods for a cup of coffee + that evening she got an online request asking her about the service, etc. at Whole Foods. She was seriously pissed + wondered how they got her information. I asked her if she paid with a credit card + when she said yes, I told her,"there you go."

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
PSA No. 2 - If you see a deposit from Google in your bank account for, say, $0.35; you are being phished. Immediately place a restriction on your bank account.

Posts: 13753 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Always use

http://duckduckgo.com

for your web searches.

Unlike googlespy duckduckgo does not track your searches.

Jus sayin!

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4220 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now that we have been informed I wouldn't be surprised if the format didn't change tomorrow.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TCLouis:
Always use

http://duckduckgo.com

for your web searches.

Unlike googlespy duckduckgo does not track your searches.

Jus sayin!

Duck Duck is okay but there are many that may be better and also do not track you.
Peekier
Startpage
Mojeek ( i like this one)
MetaGer
SwissCows
Quant
searx

If you really want to read some scary shit go to this page... It's a LOT to read and not organized logically but very informative..

https://restoreprivacy.com/

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1957 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe the idea of privacy in the age of the Internet and the digital world is wishful thinking...

Between the two, your IP and cell carrier track everywhere you go and everything you do online. And there is no way to control or flush that metadata.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I get daily calls, Your Google Listing has expired. funny, I never had one. Big Grin

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1575 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I get daily calls, Your Google Listing has expired. funny, I never had one.

Me too. Sometimes 2 or 3 a day, different pitch. I reply to the call, tell them I never had a google listing, I'm retired and will never have a listing. Does no good, they start calling in a couple of weeks.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I get at least 12 telemarketer calls a day. Chaps my ass. Does anyone REALLY buy anything from these people? Hell, everyone you talk to hates them.