Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quotes Login/Join 
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought a tee shirt that has the quote "1984 was not supposed to be an instruction manual." Too close to the truth to be funny.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
tu2

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
A few years ago I did up a design on a T-shirt that had an American flag background with an overlay of an M-16 with the caption "Black Rifles Matter". My printer still has my info, so at the risk of being inflammatory (why not, the opposition is) I might do another run if anyone is interested. I know this should go to the classified forum but this opportunity was too good to resist.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
O.K. back to the subject matter: "There are folks in Congress that shouldn't be allowed to play with matches." Will Rogers.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Many years ago the royal couple had + most likely still have a palace retreat at Kew. I forget what poet quipped it but the message was engraved on the dog's collar stating, "I am his majesty's dog at Kew, Pray tell me sir, whose dog are you?"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A McArthur quote that is very true today:

I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Posts: 9954 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Napolean made the comment, "When you see your opponent making a mistake.be quiet +. let him."

One of Us
Picture of TREE 'EM
posted Hide Post
My personal favorite is in my tagline. It sums up life as I see it.

To the best my knowledge:
Originally attributed to Socrates in similar fashion as recorded by Plato
Reiterated in parallel context by Benjamin Franklin
Brought to the forefront of popular culture by Kurt Cobain

All We Know Is All We Are

Posts: 1213 | Location: E Central MO | Registered: 13 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"It seems to me that just in the ratio that our newspapers increase, our morals decay."
Mark Twain

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don’t get mad. Get even. Boston Irish political saying. The quote I like is” It ain’t’ the way it used to be, but it will do. The Old Man in The Wild Bunch. Jerry Hoover

Posts: 372 | Location: Round Rock,TX | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jerry, that was Edmond O'Brien who also starred in the original 1984 + as the newspaper editor in the Man Who Shot Liberty Vallance, among others. In the wild bunch I thought his best line was after they opened up the bags of washers + he says, " Well, here you have bags of washers, a thumb up your ass + a smile to pass the time of day." or relatively close. I need to watch that movie again.....We came for Angel!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
“Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.”
Mark Twain

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Geoge Bernard Shaw after producing his new play contacted Churchill + told him that he was invited to opening night + 2 tickets would be waiting for him in the box office, along with the note, "Bring a friend, if you have one." Churchill sent a message back, "Regret I can't make the opening night but I can be there the next night if there is one."

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll think of a few as the day goes by. My Dad was a MSgt in the military and he had a lot, but they weren't original.

Don't get excited on your first enlistment
"The local bond holders"-Refers to the money people in town
Feather merchants-Civil Service workers

More to follow

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't forget the REMF's