Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How would you deal with it? Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
We are hunters and shooters. Don't know about you but these are a big part of my life. You get up one morning and notice that railroad tracks have dips and bumps! Your learn what ADM is! Left eye, you are right eye dominate. High probability in five years it will effect your right eye. Once the distortion starts they can slow the progressing but not reverse it. Depending on if, when, and where looking through a scope could be just a gray dot. Just a thought for the day!

Posts: 691 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That sucks. Sorry it's happening to you. How would I deal with it? Two things. Get the best doctors and, go hunting now. It's all you can do. Wish you the best.

Posts: 9945 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Brother, I feel for you. As Lavaca said, contact the best ophthalmologist you can find. We are talking about eyes. I know a lot of people have overcome the issue + lived semi-normal lives but I could not imagine it. Wishing you the best.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very sad. Wish you all the best!

Posts: 456 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 28 April 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The only thing worse than losing your eyesight is losing your ability to move as in ALS. Watched several succumb to it.

More reason to live every day as it's your last. Tomorrow is not promised.

Hope things improve for you Live Oak.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They know it runs in families. My father had it. Treatment now is a lot better than he had. I have heard lot of theories on why it happens. The only important thing is to have your eyes checked very regularly!! I knew what was going on because of my father's experience. Caught it early and started treatment early. Every day I test the right eye and hope it's caught early! There was a new longer lasting drug out first of the year. It produced some very serious side effects in a few people with the "scamdemic", no news as to why. So back to an eye injection one month and a scan the next.

Posts: 691 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Shoot all you can now so you don't have regrets! Find the best eye doc and follow their directions.

Posts: 3651 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I always go back to that Tim McGraw song "Live Like You Were Dying". I love the lyrics and the philosophy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9TShlMkQnc

It doesn't matter your state in life, or your stage in life. All of us have to find our own "Fumanchu".

Be the best version of yourself you can be. (Don't "conspire"...."inspire".)

Posts: 13756 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote