Find
Notify
Tools

Bitcoin Login/Join 
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
The main point bitcoin has proved is that a non hackable algo has been developed.

There is a $100 bill plus asset value that hangs as a price to would be hackers.

The question is what happens if it is every hacked.

The other issue is that the computational backbone of bitcoin is primarily in a couple of provinces in China. So one has geographic natural disaster and Chinese government risk.

counterfeit currencies are most perfectly created by other nation states with printing presses.

Bitcoin is tough to hack but not impossible. Unlike fiat money when counterfipeited there will be a total collapse of bitcoin.

Regardless of valuation I would not bet on a algorithm which has no state backing.

Mike

I found this to be interesting.....

quote:
HACKERS TAKE OVER U.S. GOVERNMENT WEBSITES TO MINE CRYPTOCURRENCY
BY ANTHONY CUTHBERTSON ON 2/12/18 AT 7:01 AM

Hackers have hijacked government websites in the U.S. and the U.K. in order to secretly mine cryptocurrency through the computers and smartphones of any visitors to the sites.

The illicit cryptocurrency mining, known as cryptojacking, took place on more than 4,200 websites on February 11, using a malicious version of a tool called Browsealoud. The software, developed by British firm Texthelp, is embedded into websites to help people with poor vision by providing an audio version of the text.

Security experts warn the latest cryptojacking is part of a growing trend that website owners need to start better protecting against.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
A new crypto currency was stared today by the government of Venezuela. The value of each coin is backed by a barrel of oil. Initial coin price is $60, the current price of a barrel..venezuela is hoping to sell the things to help pay off its $160 billion in national debt. Any takers out there??

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13096 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
animal

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Personally, I'd MUCH rather trust the Chinese than Venezuela, at least they've got some sort of reputation to protect. But, just like the US, when push comes to shove, the pols will cave to the voting blocks.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
What could possibly go wrong with such wonderful investment vehicle?? Read this:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/s...r=yahoo#573e127e53eb

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13096 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
still enjoying the ride.

Posts: 756 | Location: California | Registered: 26 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The emperors clothes come leaping to mind.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rockdale, Tx. is having the largest group of Bitcoin plants which will be claimed to be the largest in the world. They took over the old Alcoa plant because of the electric generating plant. A second company has moved into the same area and will be making their own computer sites. Several hundred people are at work at this time. The local paper: Rockdale Reporter has had several stories on this operation. The Alcoa plant was their because of the coal mining and operated for over 50 yrs until the Obama group shut down the mining. Watch out as Bitcoins are on the move.

Posts: 965 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nopride2:
The emperors clothes come leaping to mind.

Dave

X2.

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1573 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote