The Accurate Reloading Forums
Where do you shoot?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3611043/m/838102839

28 September 2008, 23:37
homebrewer
Where do you shoot?
I shoot here, in a rural Nevada town. I can't disclose the location. We're a small club, shootin' on private land. Gotta keep it a secret. Membership is a whopping $30 a year. The 600-yard gong is the white spot to the upper left, on the hillside. I put the dot there in the original so you can see it. Shixxer to the right, by the dark blue Avalanche. Shotgun area on the far right.

30 September 2008, 05:28
Steffen

here is the rifle range, 100 and 300m

here is a cafe and stuff, where they sell coffee, soda and waffles etc.

here is where we shoot our shotguns.

as my signature says this in Bodø, Norway
(this is pictures i found on the internet and i dont know any of the persons that are in the pictures).
30 September 2008, 10:38
homebrewer
That is a very, very nice place, Steffen. I can see it is well out of town, so nobody can complain about noise or stray bullets. Competent shooters never launch a "stray bullet" anyway. That is just an excuse liberals use to shut down shootin' ranges. Those targets look like they have pits behind them for changing the shot-through targets. Very nice, indeed...
30 September 2008, 16:35
Steffen
quote:
That is a very, very nice place, Steffen

thanks alot for your kind words.
it looks pretty awesome at your place in Nevada.

quote:
I can see it is well out of town, so nobody can complain about noise or stray bullets.

its a 10-15min drive from town.
can't say i have ever heard any negative comments about noise or safety issues in the media, but then again we have a air force base inside our town.

and the noise from a shooting range outside town, is nothing compared to when they start up their fighter jets with afterburners only 1000m from shopping malls, houses etc.

quote:
Those targets look like they have pits behind them for changing the shot-through targets.

the pits is from the days before electronic targets.