The Accurate Reloading Forums
Lone Star Park

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3611043/m/8331041172

22 June 2022, 06:20
Kensco
Lone Star Park
I hadn't been to a horse race in about twenty years. Ten of us hit The Silks (A/C, all you can eat buffet, TV on every table, bet at the table). Hit the third race for $1,610 on an $18 bet. My Pre-Father's Day gift to myself. I'm probably not going to wait another twenty years.
22 June 2022, 06:34
K Evans
Good for you!

Karl Evans

22 June 2022, 09:19
NormanConquest
Ken. I need to get out more. I was not aware that we now had horse race gambling in Texas; It was eons ago that it was outlawed. Congrats on your win!

Never mistake motion for action.
23 June 2022, 03:18
john c.
quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:
I hadn't been to a horse race in about twenty years. Ten of us hit The Silks (A/C, all you can eat buffet, TV on every table, bet at the table). Hit the third race for $1,610 on an $18 bet. My Pre-Father's Day gift to myself. I'm probably not going to wait another twenty years.

i have a bridge for sale. and its in Texas too!
23 June 2022, 04:15
Kensco
https://www.lonestarpark.com/race-replays/ On June 18th, the 3rd Race. $1.00 Superfecta on #1 and wheeled the 6, 7, and 10.

The #1 horse in first with any combination of the 6, 7, and 10 in the next three places was a winner. Total cost $18.00.

The finish was 1, 6, 10, and 7. The payoff was $1,610.00.

You can keep your bridge.
23 June 2022, 04:23
Kensco
Left out the fact that I had two other $1.00 Superfecta tickets on that race. I keyed on the #6 and wheeled the 1, 7, and 10; and also Keyed on the #10 and wheeled the 1, 6, and 7 with it. Each of the three tickets cost $6. (The payoff would have been larger if the #7 horse had come in first.)
23 June 2022, 19:09
Bill/Oregon
Horse racing is an ancient and magnificent sport. It has been about 30 years since I was at a track. I liked to be down at the fence next to the jockey area.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author
24 June 2022, 09:30
NormanConquest
Indeed! It's always been known as "The sport of kings".

25 June 2022, 10:28
georgeld
Ken:

Have you played the Irish Sweepstakes?

A late neighbor hit it for a 1/4 mil back in

the early 60's.

they used to run 'em for a week at the CO state fair years ago. one in the early 50's dad took me along to Centennial races in Denver. seemed quit popular.

Am happy for you hitting the numbers right.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight
25 June 2022, 18:05
Kensco
Horse racing seems to be like boxing, it's past it's heyday, but it's good, cheap entertainment.....if you don't bet, and just go to see them run.

I don't understand why Lone Star Park runs the Thoroughbred Season right through the hottest part of the year. They have already closed some days due to safety concerns for the jockeys and horses. It's happened in past years as well. Seems like they would learn.
26 June 2022, 08:22
NormanConquest
Indeed + along those same lines, they should do SXSW in August when it's hot. But they do it in march + all the folks that come to hear the music in that climate want to move here.