Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bigfoot...Do you believe? Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
I have a brother (in his 60s) who has been a firm believer in the existence of bigfoot. He believes there are thousands of them living in almost every state in the USA.

As a lifelong hunter, I have spent a lot of time in the woods, and I know if a large creature is living, traveling, feeding, and defecating, it is impossible for it to remain unknown.

Since I know many of our forum members have spent lifetimes in various wild places, I have to ask. Have any of you ever seen a Bigfoot or Bigfoot sign (tracks, droppings, bones, etc)?

And if you did, wouldn't you try to track it down or call in the local Wildlife guys?

Finding a new species would probably bring the finder fame and fortune.

Just asking.

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How big do one's feet have to be to consider one a BIGFOOT? I might qualify! Har Har Har

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1185 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
^ From what I understand you have to be about a size 52!

BH63

one of us
posted Hide Post
No, I think it is a myth, supported by people who will believe anything.

How do they breed and keep the "kids" hidden?

How do they find each other wandering around in the wilderness?

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Everyone but me now has a phone that takes remarkably good pictures. This device has killed off UFO sightings as well as Big Foot and all his friends of the Yeti type.

Posts: 1065 | Location: Mentone, Alabama | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Big Foot is a lot like man made global warming - many believe without a shred of scientific proof.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I never saw one but I heard one.
I do believe. Go to BFRO website. There are 2 reports for Hawkins Co, Tn. I made one of them.
Also when I lived in NC my neighbor drove a State Highway truck up & down interstate 40 from Waynesville NC to Newport Tn a remote stretch thru a gorge plowing in the winter & looking for land slides in summer.. He saw Big Foot a few times along with Black Panthers.

Cats have nine lives. Which makes them ideal for experimentation...

Posts: 947 | Location: NYB | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:
He saw Big Foot a few times along with Black Panthers.

I am more interested on the reports of Black Panthers than Bigfoot.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure I would put Bigfoot and Yeti in the same camp.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How do they avoid all the millions of game cameras.

Posts: 19299 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted Hide Post
No. Forget cameras. Where are the remains of a Bigfoot? If it's something alive today, there should be some real evidence. We have more proof of animals that died 65 million years ago.

Posts: 7461 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Of course I believe they exist-as well as the tooth fairy, Easter bunny, and Santa Claus. Give me a break!! space

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13096 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slowpoke Slim
posted Hide Post
Yes, I believe in bigfoot. I have proof too. They shaved one and made her the First Lady a while back. I think she escaped though, haven't seen her in a while.

GOONIE-GOOGOO!

Si tantum EGO eram dimidium ut bonus ut EGO memor

Posts: 1145 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: 31 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ah jeez.
I have seen bigfoots mail box.
there was no mail in it, but I assume if they did exist they would somehow owe back taxes and the IRS [or more likely the state of Idaho they are much more aggressive in their collection efforts] would for sure track them down.

Posts: 4955 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe and in today’s belief based world my beliefs have as much validity as any f@cking facts.

Big foots
Vampires
Werewolves
Zombies
Unicorns
UFOs
All religious texts

I believe in them all and so they must be true Wink

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Of course and he drinks Kokanee beer. Smiler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSAa7WwmdNg

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.theatlantic.com/he...ve-in-ghosts/379072/

42 percent of people believe in ghost. I have yet to see one on a game camera Wink

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What about demons and demonic possession

https://today.yougov.com/topic...oll-results-exorcism

But unlike the nasty smelly hairy Bigfoot’s there is a solution for demons

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uTtoUD3ZDus

Smiler

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
Slow day in Cocoa Beach, is it?

Posts: 13751 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:

Come on, it's a fun topic of conversation, most of us don't take it too seriously. Naturopaths or God , on the other hand ? Smiler

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:

Terribly slow hot and bored but in Pune, India.

Flying to New Delhi airport where I will spend the night and then Port Blair Andaman Island to fish for some GTs.

If I see any sea monsters, Bigfoots or honest televangelists in GVs in the Andaman seas I will report back.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pretty much my thoughts. You have to be really gullible and want to believe in those things.

BH63

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If Bigfoot was real, it would have been caught on a trail camera or one would have been hit on the highway by now.

Posts: 614 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 01 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of WoodHunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LongDistanceOperator:
No. Forget cameras. Where are the remains of a Bigfoot? If it's something alive today, there should be some real evidence. We have more proof of animals that died 65 million years ago.

Neighbor's house. 1/2 mile down the road. The three rocks were discovered along with the bigfoot remains. That axe handle is 3 feet long.

Posts: 1440 | Location: Running With The Hounds | Registered: 28 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of WoodHunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
I'm not sure I would put Bigfoot and Yeti in the same camp.
Peter.

Yep. Yeti below. Only show up around Christmas.

Posts: 1440 | Location: Running With The Hounds | Registered: 28 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If Bigfoot was real, the Native Americans or the Cajuns would know how to cook one.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some of you all who are old enough might remember a movie called The Legend of Boggy Creek. It is a movie about a Bigfoot type creature near Fouck (spelling?), Arkansas.

At any rate, some guys I went to college with decided to go to Arkansas. They camped out near Fouck hoping to get a glimpse of the so called Fouck Monster.

They did not see the creature. They did, however, hear something. It scared them enough that they left early. After all of these years, I cannot remember if alcohol was involved. They were scared and never went back.

Posts: 11902 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
If Bigfoot was real, it would have been caught on a trail camera or one would have been hit on the highway by now.

BINGO!!! same thing with Black Panthers!

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry, it is Fouke, Ark. A small bump in the road on Hwy.71 around 20 miles give or take south of Texarkana.

Locals in around Fouke don't discount the fact that something out of the ordinary is out there.

Posts: 807 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 03 November 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Every sample of what was believed to be Big Foot remains has been proven to be of bears.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66684 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sharpsguy:
Larry, it is Fouke, Ark. A small bump in the road on Hwy.71 around 20 miles give or take south of Texarkana.

Locals in around Fouke don't discount the fact that something out of the ordinary is out there.

I remember the movie. It was pretty damn scary. The same guy made another movie called The Town That Dreaded Sundown. It was a true story of a serial killer in some town on the Texas/Arkansas border. I don't think a movie has ever scared me so badly.

Posts: 11902 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Every sample of what was believed to be Big Foot remains has been proven to be of bears.

You are almost 100% correct. There is an animal whose DNA the experts cannot test for some reason I have forgotten. If I recall correctly, it is in possession of a Italian climber. Perhaps Reinhold Messner. All others have proven to be bears. The interesting thing is that the DNA of some of these animals is consistent with polar bears. How in the hell did that happen?

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

You are almost 100% correct. There is an animal whose DNA the experts cannot test for some reason I have forgotten. If I recall correctly, it is in possession of a Italian climber. Perhaps Reinhold Messner. All others have proven to be bears. The interesting thing is that the DNA of some of these animals is consistent with polar bears. How in the hell did that happen?

Larry,

Yes Messner has it, and it was tested in the tv program I saw.

It was a bear too.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66684 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
Some of you all who are old enough might remember a movie called The Legend of Boggy Creek. It is a movie about a Bigfoot type creature near Fouck (spelling?), Arkansas.

At any rate, some guys I went to college with decided to go to Arkansas. They camped out near Fouck hoping to get a glimpse of the so called Fouck Monster.

They did not see the creature. They did, however, hear something. It scared them enough that they left early. After all of these years, I cannot remember if alcohol was involved. They were scared and never went back.

That's pretty Foucked up, Larry.

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7503 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
My own opinion? I am offended,although I do support free speech,now matter how offensive.Kinda a 2 edged sword. I don't agree with you but do agree with your right to say it."personally anyone who dealt in this perversion should be taken out + casreated in the town square

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
casreated

Castrated.

one of us
posted Hide Post
https://patch.com/texas/round-...hat-they-say-bigfoot

Cats have nine lives. Which makes them ideal for experimentation...

Posts: 947 | Location: NYB | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
Yep. I believe.

I also believe in Santa clause, Swart Peter, the Easter bunny, the tooth Fairy, and the tokoloshe, and leprechauns.

dancing

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1957 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of adamhunter
posted Hide Post
I don't believe in Big Foot but I do believe in Black Panthers, or rather large melanistic cats, because I have seen one in Heard County GA. Two people were with me an saw it as well, though one is now deceased. I posted about it on AR a while ago. I don't know if it was a wild animal or rather someone keeping big cats illegally. A regular colored cougar was killed in the Troup Co. about 10 or 15 years ago. It was shown to the DNR and was tested to be a FL cougar.

30+ years experience tells me that perfection hit at .264. Others are adequate but anything before or after is wishful thinking.

Posts: 854 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I believe I'll have another drink.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote