THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    American Pie explained in pictures-enjoy

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

American Pie explained in pictures-enjoy Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
This is one of those that may bring a tear and a smile. We were there.... We were once young, but now are seniors... this is very well done. Pass on... I have listened to the words to American Pie for many years and thought I understood everything that was being sung about. However when the words are put together with pictures and film clips the song takes on new meaning. It took a lot of thought Sure brings back lots of memories. Very well done and imagination to write it and a lot of work putting the images together also. A job well done!
Crank up the volume....

http://youtu.be/VhX3b1h7GQw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...w&list=RDVhX3b1h7GQw

Posts: 8274 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Like the "jester" per the video (not clear if McLean identified Dylan as the "jester"), McLean is a poet. I also like "Vincent" off of that album. Gosh, that dates us, doesn't it?

Posts: 9954 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am not by nature or inclination an outwardly emotional or sentiment man, but the feelings generated by the photos and the music generated thoughts and feelings that I thought were long buried by crass cynicism and scepticism. It brought back those convictions that we could and would make the world a better place free of predjudice,hatred, and a sense of justice would prevail. I was 22 years old when that song debuted and going to university in London and the allegories were uniquely American, the Europeans loved the song as they thought it was a parody of America. Little did they know the depth of that song and what it stated. Jerry Hoover

Posts: 372 | Location: Round Rock,TX | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very poignant. Thank you for posting.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that. That was excellent.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7964 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very interesting !

I did see the photo of the little Kennedy kid saluting .Wasn't that nice ---Except that many years later it was revealed it was a set up .He had been trained to do it .Just one part of the giant Kennedy myth !

One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
I lived through it all.

I was almost 13 when the plane crashed. I owned Dylan's first 4 albums. I was a high school junior when Jack was assassinated in Dallas. I went to sock hops in the gym and was a singer in a rock n'roll band. I was a Marine back from RVN stationed in San Diego when Martin and Bobby were assassinated. I was a 22 year old rookie cop when the Stones did Altamont (it is close to home). American Pie came out 2 years later and I memorized the words.

I had figured out all the representations except for Pearl (Janice Joplin). I believed that McClain was gonna be the next Dylan, but alas, it did not happen. American Pie is in my playlist and always will be.

Thanks for posting, and to whoever put it together, thanks as well.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those were intense times for many of us.

Posts: 8274 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote