New
Find
Notify
Tools

Used gun market Login/Join 
one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted
As probably most of you do, i hit the local shops to see if there is anything interesting on the used gun racks.. I do thinas at least monthly..

I hit the LGS closest to my job on Friday and was shocked to see how little inventory of used material he had. His racks and cases were usually full, and he never did have what you would call bargain prices.
There was a beat up looking rem 700ADL in 222 in the rack for $400 but with a perfect bore. I offered 300, he called the owner and said the best he could do was 350... if its still there in a week or two I'll try again. I don't need it, I just want it.

Then Sunday I stopped in Cabelas in Delaware. to my surprise, their used gun racks were pretty empty as well and they have never been known for bargain prices either.

this really has me curious and there are at least 4 other LGS within a reasonable ride from my home, so i'll check them out in the next week or so to see if its a greater trend.

whats it looking like in your neck of the woods?

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1957 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here in Wyoming, the local shop rarely has any used guns. They sell about as fast as they are put on the rack. However, I always check.

I did find a Ruger 300 WM back in October. It was in great condition and I bought it for $350 I believe. I thought it was worth the cost.

Posts: 2638 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
In the early 70's at Ft. Hood I had a side job at a pawn shop.The general mark up is 300%;they have a lot of room to work.But as you say 'you want it' so pay the man his $350.00;but you could negotiate lower I think.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote