THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    Did you receive a Remington Bankrupcy Notice of Sale

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did you receive a Remington Bankrupcy Notice of Sale Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
In todays mail I received a notice of the Remingon Bankrupcy sale. I wonder why. Did anyone else received this notice?

Posts: 2059 | Location: Mpls., MN | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Nope.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did.

Keep the Pointy end away from you
www.jerryfisk.com

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I have not.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I also received one. I have no idea why a copy would come to me.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In the 80s there were notices in most gun mags about a class action lawsuit on Remington concerning their 870 + 1100 shotguns + if you owned one between 1960 + 1987 (approx) sent in your serial # + be a part of the rape. The 870 was/is one of the best pumps out there. IMO, some jackleg stuffed his bore in the mud, fired his piece + then blamed Remington. Who knows? What a shame to shut down an American industry loved by many in the public field, + I myself are one!

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Years ago I sent two guns back because of recalls (a 700 rifle and a 3200 trap gun) but that is all I remember with Remington. Could it be an ammo rebate that wasn’t sent. Those rebates take so long I never remember if one is due.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I received a notice as well.

I’m wondering if it has to do with warranty coverage ending. While I don’t recall sending any product registry stuff to Remington, I did buy direct from Barnes and also have more than a few Dakota guns brought directly, so that may be where my name got on the list.

It’s the lawyers justification of their fees, most likely.

Posts: 10478 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My email read in part:

Remington Outdoor Company, Inc., et al., Case No. 20-81688, in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Alabama:

• Notice of Creditor Information Protocol

When I went to open that notice it said it was not available for download. They wasted everyone's time sending "nothing".

Posts: 13760 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That sounds about right.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just received an additional document dealing with naming the creditors that matter. Still no explanation who and why I got a copy.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Presumably everyone on their mailing list? eg. if you have ever submitted a rebate. Submitted a warranty registration maybe?
All communicants are a possible creditor.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote