Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It’s a crazy world out there Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
.22 lr ammo selling for $.20-$.25 a round. This is nuts.

I lived in Stamford CT between 2010-2011. Out of boredom I would drive to the Walmart in Norwalk and buy some ammo. Mainly 22 lr. I had bricks and bricks of this stuff that I lugged around and eventually brought to Florida.

I was at the local pawn shop getting an FFL transfer. They bid me $.17 for 22 lr ammo when I mentioned I am buried in it. I sold him 2550 rounds and bought a Glock 22.

What the hell are people stock piling 22 ammo for !!!!

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
It's the panic "feeding frenzy". Hell, I've heard of folks stocking up on ammo that they don't even have guns chambered for. Crazy is right.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nutz. Happened under Obama, who pretty much left us alone, disappointed a lot of snowflakes who thought he would geek for the whole liberal agenda.

Biden made lot of promises, but Kamala knows a little math and can probably count the number of voters with AR-15s.

Think that's bad? Over here we have to get out internet orders delivered to an FFL and go pick them up in person with a background check.

Try finding an FFL who will to the job, these days...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14368 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hell, I've heard of folks stocking up on ammo that they don't even have guns chambered for. Crazy is right.

And, then there's people that want to buy a firearm, even at a great price, but don't do it because they cannot find any ammo for it, so they pass.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is no doubt that there is an ammo shortage, or at least reasonably priced ammo. Texas Gun Trader has tons for sale but at super inflated prices. I have been approached by many that know I reload + want to buy some. It's not for sale. I'm reminded of our childhood story about the grasshopper + the ants.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seems to also be a trend in the thompson center barrels. People are bidding on 308 encore barrels and anything 223 barrels and bidding up 50-75.00 over what you can buy them for new and they are available.

I can only guess they are thinking that 308 (7.62) and 223 ammo is going to be laying in the streets if a revolution starts and with Biden's new gun laws all we will be left with are single shots.

I have a neighbor that during the O'Bama reign bought a pistol from his friend and came to me to find out what kind of bullets it took. It seems the friend he bought it from didnt know either and thats why he sold it. Scary !

Posts: 513 | Location: NE Washington | Registered: 27 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
quote:
Hell, I've heard of folks stocking up on ammo that they don't even have guns chambered for. Crazy is right.

And, then there's people that want to buy a firearm, even at a great price, but don't do it because they cannot find any ammo for it, so they pass.

I am buying higher end handguns and as well commodity glocks. If I can barter for used glocks I will. Get rid of piles of ammo and have a Glock that goes into a silicon glove and mags in a box of random mags.

There is some good value in high end guns.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree, there has been + will continue to be a market for high-end pieces. The folks that have the money will still have it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now even Academy is jacking up ammo prices.

frontier which is off a brand cheap 223 ammo by hornady has gone from $6-$7 for 20 to $15 a box at academy. this absolute crappy low end stuff. my blaser r8 likes it better than the match norma stuff.

I need to sell more ammo.

charging these prices for crappy ammo is simply unsustainable long term.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I have some Buffalo Bore .45-70 ammo I will never use. I want to sell it. I wonder what it is worth?

~Ann

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I feel the same way about 375 H&H. I have 300 and 260 grain with little real use for any of it. I've kept it just thinking, one day, I might be mad enough at a hog and myself to use it.

It will probably just go with the Sako to my son or nephews when I cash-in.

Posts: 13772 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Higher end ammo probably gets cheaper.

If biden bans online sales a lot of speciality online ammo seller will have to unload ammo thru distributors.

most individual hunters don’t shoot 1000s of rounds of 270 30/06 7mm 300 win mag annual. ipsa shooters do shoot pistol ammo in those quantities.

10mm is much easier and cheaper to buy than 9mm - makes little sense.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ann, pull up Buffalo Bore's website or Midway + see what they were selling them for (when they were in stock) + figure at least half again because you have it. Current prices don't mean jack when the product is on backorder. In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I've also found a bunch of .300WM I will never use too. Been cleaning my closets!

~Ann

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
More 22 lr ammo went out and a Glock 21 came home.

This is stupid that 22lr is selling for nearly same price as 17hmr and 17hnr is available.

No one is banning 22 lr ammo.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The 300 WM should move easily. I bet if you post in the classified, you will sell them quickly.