Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

U.S. Grants revolvers Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
I just read in the current "Sporting Classics" that Rhode Island Auction house sold the late president's set of Remington army revolvers for the unexpected price of 5.17 million. This brought to mind that there was an article a year or so ago in "National Rifleman" concerning these same revolvers + their history. In the AR article, it seems that they were kept by Grant's descendants until the 1930s, when the depression caused them to sell to someone else. The SC article however claims that they have been lost/hidden for over 100 years. No matter. But what really caught my attention in the AR article was how when they were recently discovered, that there was a hue + cry from the PC left who wanted to ascertain that the ivory grips were in fact over 100 years old or the guns should be destroyed. The sheer stupidity of that still baffles me.

Posts: 4103 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i am always amazed, but not baffled by the PC crowd. they wait in breathless anticipation of which lefty waste of human life can be offended first and most.

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, like pancake syrup, cream of wheat, + Uncle Ben's rice.

Posts: 4103 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Un F'ing believable. But why should I be surprised.

Posts: 9952 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't be; common sense is not that anymore, mores the pity for our nation + us as well.