THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    UN Report ; Animals Cause Global Warming.and They Must

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UN Report ; Animals Cause Global Warming.and They Must Login/Join 
one of us
posted
According to the UN Councel On Global Warming, meat farming is the No.1 cause of greenhouse gasses. The increase of wild animals was also mentioned as a contributing source.

So there it is !!! We must reduce the world population of animals to save ourselves.

If we eat one less chicken meal a week we have the same effect as taking 500,000 cars off the road. So...........if the UN gives me a grant to kill an elephant think of all the greenhouse gas I'll save !!! I'm first in line for my grant dancing.....................JJ

" venator ferae bestiae et aquae vitae "

Posts: 593 | Location: Southern WV, USA | Registered: 03 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JPenn
posted Hide Post
I'm 2nd in line.....of course their check will probably bounce Big Grin

SIC TRANSIT GLORIA MUNDI

Posts: 226 | Location: Texas | Registered: 11 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
Since going green is really popular these days I'll volunteer to do the dirty job and be the anti-Noah. I'll shoot two of ever animal on the planet - just because I'm a nice guy who loves the earth. So, where do I sign?

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is a lead in to a methane tax on farm animals. I've heard a figure of $80 to $85 a cow a year. I think that the EPA has already proposed this.

Posts: 30 | Location: Casper Wyo | Registered: 03 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"Global Warming" is, in my opinion, a politicized topic publicized by governments to justify the imposition of additional taxes on the citizenry and especially on businesses.

CO2 in the atmosphere is recycled (captured) by photosynthesis and also absorbed by water, where it combines with salts and organisms and sinks to the bottom of the oceans. Most salts of carbonate eg CaCO3 are insoluble in water. The oil deposits of the world are nothing more than captured CO2. A recent "Scientific" study paid for by the US gov't stated that CO2 in the oceans will be released slowly so even if we stop emitting CO2, global warming effects cannot be reversed. I find this to be dubiuos science, and the timing particularly interesting. Chemical reactions don't spontaneously proceed in both directions, they proceed in the direction of increased entropy. It's possible for a dissolved gas to be released from water, if the concentration of the gas at the water surface, or the atmospheric pressure changes, but neither of these two things will happen under the projected increase of CO2 in the air.

And before man showed up on the scene, there were a lot of uncontrolled forest fires that created tons of CO2. Not to mention volcanic activity. These have both abated so anything man does to increase CO2 emissions is not necessarily incremental to what was going on anyway, before man showed up.

Even if global warming is a man-made phenomenon, it's not necessarily a bad thing. Climates have changed over the millenia and not always for the worse. There are lots of areas of the earth that would benefit from warming...most of the N Hemisphere would benefit from warmer winters. And we have bigger problems on our hands.

For example, human population growth. And not because of the CO2 effect, but because humans destroy wildlife habitat and create pollution of more serious kinds. They also eat everything in sight. Like locusts.

Where are the Nobel prizes for the coming population crisis?? No politician wants to touch this subject.

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2927 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote