Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

what's with 410 shells? Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
My friend uses his a lot. Realized he was low on ammo. There were none to be had everywhere he looked! I gave him the last of my 3" 7 1/2 shot. Snakes will not wait!! I searched online for him, zero. I found him the last 2 1/2" number 9 shot at Academy. Did covid stop production or we now hoarding 410 shells?

Posts: 700 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Who knows? I certainly do not. Everywhere I look, most calibers are very limited or they are completely sold out!

I have probably 10k+ of .22 ammo. I thought it was a bit much last summer but I’m now glad that I have it.

Strange times.....

Posts: 2640 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The ammo companies are making ammo as fast as they can.

410 are most likely low on the list to make thus a shortage.

Do not expect relief for at least a year as then is over a years worth and a billon dollars worth of back orders.

Posts: 19362 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
.410's are the least produced of any shot shell by far. That's why they are more expensive than say 12 gauge field loads. The pandemic and subsequent politically motivated violence have sent folks to the gun store in droves buying all the ammo they can carry. Manufacturers are struggling to keep up with demand for more common/profitable rounds. .410's just get the back seat.

Posts: 3672 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All the 410 we have sold was for use in the Taurus Judge.
The Judge is also the reason there is a lot of buck shot and weird stuff in 410.

M

Posts: 1229 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Times do change. When I was a kid 410s were the way to go because they were cheap to shoot.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not to preach, but we really shouldn't be shooting snakes. Except cotton mouths. I don't shoot snakes, but I don't like moccasins.

Posts: 10007 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I only kill baby snakes, as they can't generally be relocated. And the baby ones just get located to someplace (headless) the roadrunners can find them and they are gone in an hour.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is no ammo in Kansas anywhere.

More ammo in Florida than Kansas.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote