THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    Gas at $1.41 / Gal. today at RaceTrack 4/4/20

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gas at $1.41 / Gal. today at RaceTrack 4/4/20 Login/Join 
one of us
posted
What are you seeing where you live?

Posts: 13772 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1284 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MeMe
posted Hide Post
Mean while in Ca it is $3.59 for diesel. Mad

Posts: 360 | Location: California | Registered: 14 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
$1.24 for unleaded in Parker Colorado near Denver. $1.69 for diesel in Fort Lupton Colorado north of Denver.
Here's a link that you can check for the cheapest gas or diesel in your area. Put your zip code or city.

http://www.denvergasprices.com/GasPriceSearch.aspx

Posts: 322 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 16 April 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of youngoutdoors
posted Hide Post
$1.39 for gas here local just across the line in VA. $2.19 for Diesel

God Bless, Louis

Posts: 1368 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
One station offering $1.29 in Allen, Texas. Seems like a steal. You can use their toilet paper, BBQ next door, walking distance from Cabela's.

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a vacation spot. I saw on the funny Friday that said, now we have good gas prices + can't go anywhere.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
$1.11 cents a gallon Here in Northern lower Michigan But 100 miles south it is a $1.42 cents a gallon

Posts: 114 | Location: northern lower michigan | Registered: 22 November 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
1.63 northwest Wis. normally a few cents cheaper south of here.

Posts: 19355 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nitro Express
posted Hide Post
Here in Jacksonville, FL the least expensive I've seen is $1.65 for regular, down from $2.39 a few weeks ago. The average in the area seems to be $1.79.

LTC, USA, RET
Benefactor Life Member, NRA
Member, SCI & DSC
Proud son of Texas A&M, Class of 1969

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?" Robert Browning

Posts: 1545 | Location: Native Texan Now In Jacksonville, Florida, USA | Registered: 10 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MeMe:
Mean while in Ca it is $3.59 for diesel. Mad

And you have to look around a little to get that price.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14363 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
$1.49 at Costco

But end of day gas is kind of irrelevant - 2-3 percent of household income is spent on gas. Less and less over time. Smaller and smaller function of automobile cost over life of auto is gas.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I remember seeing an article in Time magazine in the mid-60s that said that in the future that gas could very well get up to .60 cents a gallon. It was hard to believe.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cheapest gas in the world is in Venezuela.

When I left Venezuela in 2003 gas was about $0.10 a gallon. Today it is essentially free. With hyperinflation, the price of gasoline in Venezuela was 00.153 Bolivares per gallon. That is the equivalent of USD $0.000000039 per gallon. Today they usually don’t even quote a price. I've seen it quoted as $0.01 per 100 liters, but in reality, there is no fixed price. You just hand the guy a few Bolivares in appreciation for him having pumped it, maybe give him a bag of rice, a few beers, or a bottle of cheap rum and you are on your way.

That place is going to erupt one day soon. As of March 2020, the Bolivar is worth 750 million times less than it was worth in August 2012. (The currency has lost 90% of its value eight different times since 2012.)

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
It was $1.67 at Walmart yesterday, but I heard there is a station here in Alamogordo selling at $1.59.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16352 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Maybe Trump should make an offer to buy Venezuela. Might be a good deal!

quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:
Cheapest gas in the world is in Venezuela.

When I left Venezuela in 2003 gas was about $0.10 a gallon. Today it is essentially free. With hyperinflation, the price of gasoline in Venezuela was 00.153 Bolivares per gallon. That is the equivalent of USD $0.000000039 per gallon. Today they usually don’t even quote a price. I've seen it quoted as $0.01 per 100 liters, but in reality, there is no fixed price. You just hand the guy a few Bolivares in appreciation for him having pumped it, maybe give him a bag of rice, a few beers, or a bottle of cheap rum and you are on your way.

That place is going to erupt one day soon. As of March 2020, the Bolivar is worth 750 million times less than it was worth in August 2012. (The currency has lost 90% of its value eight different times since 2012.)

Posts: 3666 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They are in serious trouble in Venezuela. A buddy said he saw on the news/internet that Trump put a 15 million bounty on the ruler's head (for human rights violations) I have not heard that anywhere else. I do know that are starving in the streets + that the current leader/dictators 1s act in office was for all gun registrations + of course we all know what happened next. Confiscation + now human rights atrocities.

one of us
posted Hide Post
There is a lot of smoke swirling around the bounty story. https://www.snopes.com/ap/2020...zuelas-maduro-aides/ Hard to pin the truth down yet.

The idea that Maduro's 1st act in office was for all guns to be registered in Venezuela is just not true. I moved to Venezuela in 1990 and moved out of Venezuela in 2003. I found out all firearms had to be registered in Venezuela, the first day I arrived in country.

I went quail hunting with an Expat friend. Birds were plentiful, so I asked him how I could own a gun in Venezuela. He described the difficult process. I could buy a gun locally, or he could "import" one for me. Either way, I had to register the weapon and obtain a Patron, which legally allowed me to possess it. It didn't matter whether I was an Expat or a Venezuelan citizen. The Patron was about a 1/4" of paper documentation from the Venezuelan government with all appropriate government stamps (local, state, federal) naming me as the owner of the weapon.

I looked at shotguns available in Venezuela and they were poor quality, expensive, and not easy to find. I therefore gave my friend a request for a Browning Citori Satin Hunter in 12 Ga. and within a month it came in, under a load of rubber goods for his company. Obviously, I didn't have any ownership documents, so my friend had me provide my Venezuelan Cedula and personal information and he started the "underground" process for "registering" a weapon and developing a Patron. For the next few years I only had one official ask to see my Patron, and it passed muster. (The registration documents were thick enough that I carried them with me in a manila folder whenever I took the shotgun out of my house.)

The only problem was that I didn't have a U. S. Customs Form 4457 showing I had brought the shotgun with me from the U. S., so there was no way I could take it with me back to the U.S. I sold it to my Expat friend for the same amount I had paid him for it before.

In short, extensive government gun registration was required in Venezuela long before Maduro took office, before Chavez took office, back in the day when they had two political parties (COPEI and AD).

The chaos in Venezuela has little to do with gun registration and everything to do with Chavez, and by extension, Maduro.

One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
1.419 in Abilene on I-20 Sunday.
1.599 in Lago Vista today.

Paid 1.199 in New Mexico on Friday.

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7503 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MeMe
posted Hide Post
Diesel is down to $3.39 at the cheapest place I would by fuel in my area.
Some parts of the US have fuel cheaper than our fuel taxes in Ca.

Posts: 360 | Location: California | Registered: 14 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ken. There are enough rumors to go around even in normal times. I was talking to a buddy of mine tonight who is in the trucking/shipping industry + I was talking about the high cost of milk + he said that was most likely because the Texas dairy industry has had to dump about 40% of their milk before it goes to the coop. Any info on the truth of that? He also said that they have an order to truck some supplies from Houston to Fla. but can't get any drivers for fear it will be a one way trip + not allowed to leave FLA.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have only heard about milk being dumped in Wisconsin. I don't know about Texas. It's possible I guess. I never see the shelves full of milk. Walmart today had their milk section about half full. Markets are certainly being disrupted.

I've got a friend in Florida. They are keeping low. We've got checkpoints at the Louisiana / Texas line at Orange.

I think Mardi Gras did Louisiana in. Everybody partying at the wrong time.

Interesting times.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
£1.05 litre here in UK
Normally is £1.27

Posts: 600 | Location: England  | Registered: 07 June 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Here in Vegas, regular is $1.95 and diesel is $2.72.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree Ken, but those kids just HAD to have their spring break. Now everyone is paying for it.