New
Find
Notify
Tools

Primers anyone? Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted
It appears that we now (again) have a shortage of primers, (call it covide or whatever, they are not for sale).

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Like it was years ago guys were stock piling,just like toilet paper, what the hell are you going to do with 3 to 4 hundred rolls of toilet paper.

Posts: 114 | Location: northern lower michigan | Registered: 22 November 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The trouble with consumables is every time you use them they are gone.

The question what does one do with 400 rolls of toilet paper.

You use it, trade it, sell it. eventually it is used up and it is gone.

The same with primers.

I say this about firewood dam it just disappears up in smoke.

Posts: 19355 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No shortage of primers at my casa!

Signed, Mr Hoarder

Zeke

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Me neither but there are a lot of folks that didn't buy when they were readily available. I have a buddy that said he saw 2 1K boxes of CCI LR for $35.00 a box + said he didn't want to spend that much because they have been going for $19.95. So I told him, so you're saying you just don't want to buy any primers. C'mon, if you can find them why bitch over $15.00 difference? That's what they cost now + you should be damned glad you found some.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was into Jay's sporting goods in Gaylord,Mi. There were a box of CCI 1000 pistol primers $35.00,all the rest were 100 packs of large rifle primers $4.79 I counted 10 packs (federal and CCI) I ask the guy who was stocking the shelves about the primers,He said he was told that the plant was only operating 50%.

Posts: 114 | Location: northern lower michigan | Registered: 22 November 2013Reply With Quote