Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hurricane Ian Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Big news story today, and for the next several days, is Hurricane Ian. Parts of Florida appear to be devastated, especially the SW part. Several AR members reside in and around the path of this storm, hoping the best for these members. Had texts from a couple of these guys and they are OK so far. Lots of rebuilding to be done.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2743 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Our thoughts are with everyone in Florida!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66907 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Two days ago, we were in the direct path, then a high pressure front pushed it eastward. Now it look like we won’t even get any rain. Strange how things can change quickly. I pray our central FL members are safe. When Hurricane Michael roared over us 4 years ago, we were without power for 11 days. It sucks….

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13137 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have friends in the power supply industry, they tell me hundreds of trucks and thousands (apparently) of linemen are enroute from Texas to Florida to restore power. Good for them! And God bless Florida.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2743 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
my son recently had to quit his contractor business due to the FJB factor. he is now a liscensed insurance adjuster for a big company and left this morning for the area. 2-3 days in alabama then to wherever needed.

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
and..........broke down in lake charles. starter wire pulled out of starter. gotta pull starter to get to it. not happy

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can relate. In 1974, I drove up to Wichita Falls to visit my cousin in a 1964 Chevy P.U. + broke my drive shaft at 5:00 P.M. on Friday of Labor Day weekend. I coasted off the freeway into what turned out to be the bad part of town. I walked up to the nearest garage + the guy just told me, "Boy oh boy, YOU have a problem, don't you?"

Posts: 4187 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Back in April '04 I was at East Point Fla.
We'd been out fishing most of the day and got
back to her house after 10 on a Tuesday night.
Checking the computer for messages. I had one:
"you need to be here in court Friday at 9am".
Damn, that's 1634 miles!

I took off early Wed morning and drove hard. Got to the middle of Quannah, Tx. Trucks all going real slow in the right lane. I was holding right on the speed limit of 35. All at once I saw a 25 sign and slammed on the brakes. Cop on my ass lit me up. I hadn't even got to the sign yet!

Bastard said I could argue about it with the judge in 3 weeks. Yeah sure, 500 miles down there? Mailed a check for $130!

Hell of it was that speed trap was barely a HALF BLOCK between signs til it was back up to 35 again. You folks driving thru those small towns cut it back to 25 and save a bit of beer money.

Even though that griped me bad. I just accepted it as "pay back" for all the hundreds of times I blew thru there with the Jake Brake rattling them out of bed in the middle of the night those years I was trucking. Those days the speed limit was 50 thru those towns.

Even worse irritation was in court Friday and I wasn't even called up!

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've had jury duty 5 times. Mad I don't envy anyone the experience.

Posts: 4187 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got a note from friend Charlie at West Palm Beach today.

"Fine here, went north of us, just typical slight daily rain and light wind, west coast caught royal hell".

Nothing from Larryshores, looked like it went right over Orlando.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nothing from Larryshores, looked like it went right over Orlando. George

Had a couple of text from Larry and he has posted a bit on FB (wife showed me the post), said lots of rain, power out, running on generator, no cell service or WiFi. Other than that no big damage. This was day before yesterday so hopefully services have improved. Been trying not to bother him.

Karl Evans

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The hurricane eye passed just south of Orlando, not the worst hurricane we've been through in Central FL but still very scary as hell. SW FL around Ft. Meyers/Sanibel looks like a war zone, a lot people down there have lost everything, pls keep them in your thoughts and help out if you are so inclined.