THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    A primerto learn about petroleum ipelines

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A primerto learn about petroleum ipelines Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted
Here is a bit of an introduction to pipelines for moving natural gas, crude oil, gasoline, gases such as butane, propane, and so on.

http://petrowiki.org/Pipelines

You can look up darned near ANYTHING you may want to know as a non-expert about the pipe itself, and building pipelines right here.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of The Dane
posted Hide Post
Right after growing navel lint, pipeline construction is my all time favorite subject!

Posts: 1102 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 15 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeh, I understand that technical facts which often throw light on controversial subjects (such as the Keystone Pipeline ) are seldom either light or popular reading.

So, if you don't want to read it, who cares?

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In reference to Rights of Way for transmission pipelines, many, many pipelines are built using "right of trespass for specific purposes" easements. In those instances, the land owner is paid either one lump sum (most common I suspect) for that right of trespass, or periodic payments (usually annual) for the life of the easement contract. But when easement contracts are used, the pipeline company has not bought the land, title remains with the person granting the trespass rights.

Depending on the wording of the trespass contract, ownership of the landowner's benefits from the contract passes to any new owner during the life of the contract. And of course, the right of trespass remains with any new pipeline owner(s) too, so they don't have to renegotiate a new contract every time the property title changes hands.

Existence of any trespass contract must be made clear to any new owner of either the land or the pipeline before transfer of title.

Again, that, is oversimplified in this post but that is the general result.