New
Find
Notify
Tools

Friends of the NRA Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted
We went as a club to our first FOTNRA dinner. Ten of us. They have it down to a science. Live Auction this Silent auction that, raffle tickets, drawings, etc.. We had fun. It was about 4 hours long. Dinner was good, at least the chicken was.
Pay as you go bar, $7 beer.

It was at the Hilton (nice place) in Melville, Long Island on Rt 110 near the old range on Spagnoli road.

Posts: 6385 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Support your local Friends of the NRA dinner and auctions they support a lot of local /state activities, or at least used to when I worked with them.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4227 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I buy a sponsor table at our annual Friends fund raiser. They do good work.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1926 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Fund raisers for a good cause are a grand idea. On the other hand the leeches that raise money in convention halls are disgusting. Case in point:last year I went to my granddaughters graduation.First they charged me $5.00 to park then would not let me take in my water bottle through "security" but right inside the door were selling water bottles for another $5.00.And an attitude backed up by strong police presence. This was a center that was built with tax dollars,so yes I have a problem with that.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote