New
Find
Notify
Tools

Things millenials will never see Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
I'll start. What can you add?

-An odometer rolling over from 100,000 to 0 miles.

-A metal built-in mirrored bath wall cabinet with a little slot in the back. (Don't tell me you never used a double-edged safety razor.)

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A balanced budget.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Black and white TV.

Posts: 41762 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Parachute pants

Candy cigarettes

Posts: 3291 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
A good public education

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nvmichael
posted Hide Post
Skate keys

Posts: 1069 | Location: NV | Registered: 27 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
12 Cents a gallon prices for Regular leaded gasoline

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4225 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
Fizzies! and the Frito Bandito.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slowpoke Slim
posted Hide Post
Premium leaded gasoline

Milkmen

Newspapers actually being delivered by paperboys, on bicycles.

Cars without seatbelts

Marines without their names on their fatigues

Cars with a distributor, points, a coil, spark plugs you can see, and a carburetor.

Si tantum EGO eram dimidium ut bonus ut EGO memor

Posts: 1146 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: 31 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Margarine pillows with the coloring to knead in.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brice:
Margarine pillows with the coloring to knead in.
My dad told me about those. Whistling

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nvmichael
posted Hide Post
They were so gross.

One of Us
Picture of nvmichael
posted Hide Post
They will never know the satisfaction of slamming down the receiver on a rotary phone.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A juke box
A dimmer stud on the floorboard of the car
Coal delivered to their house for heating, with occasional thin tin coins announcing the name of the coal supplier randomly mixed in.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tax tokens, bus tokens.

Here in Washington, eons ago, tokens were issued for payment of sales tax. Not sure why.

Tokens in the coal? Never heard of that, though I do remember coal delivery. Where was that done?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Having an ice box instead of a refrigerator; and a guy bringing a block of ice upstairs on a set of tongs.

Posts: 13771 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
sweat stains.. caloused hands...

Posts: 336 | Location: flagstaff az | Registered: 16 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nitro Express
posted Hide Post
A TV without a remote.

Live action Saturday morning TV action shows that don't teach a lesson (Sky King, etc).

A transistor radio.

An ashtray in a car built after about 2010.

Sugar Corn Flakes

Super Sugar Crisps

Cigarette ads on TV

Schools without "resource" officers

LTC, USA, RET
Benefactor Life Member, NRA
Member, SCI & DSC
Proud son of Texas A&M, Class of 1969

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?" Robert Browning

Posts: 1544 | Location: Native Texan Now In Jacksonville, Florida, USA | Registered: 10 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A beer can that you need a church key to open.

Posts: 8274 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rabbit ears on your TV.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A sharpening stone
A sledge hammer and wedges
A waitress that can read anything OTHER than a screen
A waitress that is smoking when she takes your order
A slack jawed faggot IN the closet
A democrat w/ a brain that functions

Posts: 1991 | Location: Sinton, TX | Registered: 16 June 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Drum brakes on a car...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14355 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
S & H Green Stamps (They are gone, aren't they?)

Free dishes and stuff for buying gas. (I had a big set of white dishes with a nice wheat pattern, from Standard Oil.)

one of us
posted Hide Post
Loki, the James Gagney film with the coal delivery -the tremendous noise of the coal going down the shoot , used to cover the sound of the machine gun !

The red dye pill to color the margerine -I think used to keep the kids busy ! Finally after many years of fraud they admit that butter is not evil but that hydroginated fats are !!

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Individual responsability,sad to say.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Grit newspaper sold door-to-door.
S&H Greenstamps
LSMFT or other Cigarette ads on tv
AMWAY salesmen or women

One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
A double feature with cartoons between the movies.
The Fuller Brush man.

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
The serial before the Saturday matinee. Everything Dutch said + also gas wars.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Snow tires with 78-profile tread and sawdust mixed with the rubber for traction...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Posts: 14355 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
Cars and trucks with massive engine displacement that only got 8-10 mpg from the factory.

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3069 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal30 1906:
Cars and trucks with massive engine displacement that only got 8-10 mpg from the factory.

With contact points and condenser, no electronics required. Keep a spare set in the glove box and never pay $900 for an engine-control computer.

TomP

One of Us
posted Hide Post
$10 concert tickets.

Percolating coffee pot.

.99c gasoline.

$3 deer tags.

Magnetic compasses and maps.

A functioning Congress.

Posts: 1351 | Location: CO born, but in Athens, TX now. | Registered: 03 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
HS girls in garter belts. Oh, those Friday nights after the football game and sock hop in the girls gym...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And the real nemesis-panty girdles.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The fist fight that you had after school without going to jail/expulsion/zero-tolerance/. Then you were friends afterwards(usually).

Everything Texas Killartist said, full service gas stations, $5.00 Levis, original bell bottoms, playing outside after dark, stores closed on Sunday.

Dutch

one of us
posted Hide Post
RW50 for $3 a box...

TomP

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buying .22 ammo at the grocery store when I was 14.

Posts: 291 | Location: Gettysburg, PA | Registered: 03 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Amos & Andy on TV.

...but they can channel-surf by a ton of other Black sitcoms that are equally, or more demeaning to Blacks, but for some reason today's Blacks think the characters make them look cool.

Tell me the difference between The Kingfish and Red Foxx.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Live TV that was actually live. Think Dorothy Kilgallen (What's My Line?), Groucho Marx, Jack Benny, (You'll never see another Rochester), and many dozens more who didn't need a script to be entertaining.

one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
TommyII:

Ten years ago, I spent some money for swiss compass. Friend told me: "For this money, you can have very good GPS device". After 10 years, compass works the same way as new, no batteries etc., but there is maybe 5th generation of GPS since that time.

But I have to admit that taking out compass when lost in London city catches some attention from bystanders. It also catches attention from customs at airports. It is derived from military one and there is also inclinometer and table for recalculating degrees to artillery units. Last time I had about 20 minutes talking to customs why I need that compass in the age of GPS ;-)

Also I got training of using sextant for navigation. You can use 50 years old one (if in good condition) or brand new one.

Almost nobody knows, how to use sextant now (with all that calculations and nautical almanac)

I hope millenials will never see a communism in Europe, barbed wire fences on borders, solders with assault rifles there etc.

Jiri

Posts: 2072 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote