Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kentucky Derby Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Who is your favorite in the Derby on Saturday?

I like Gary Stevens, so whichever horse he is riding is my favorite.

Posts: 2059 | Location: Mpls., MN | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lindy2:
Who is your favorite in the Derby on Saturday?

I like Gary Stevens, so whichever horse he is riding is my favorite.

Creator - Winstar - they are good guys.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
As W.C. Fields once said,"Folks that think gambling in the middle ages did'nt exist;hell,Lady Godiva put everything she had on a horse."

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gotta love Exaggerator. He made a good run at Nyquist today, but fell just sort. Ran out of race track. The Nyquist team did a great job.

I'm a sucker for the underdog. Hope he catches him in the Preakness, but probably The Belmont is his best bet. (Always loved Alydar in the Triple Crown Races in '78.)

Nyquist again in the Preakness.

Posts: 13773 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I saw a replay of one of the preliminary events. There was a bad "collision" involving two horse, both of which took pretty bad falls. Semms that they are both OK but I hate to see that happen. In the UK they have steeplechases as well as flat racing. There always used to be at least one horse destroyed in the top race, the Grand National, due to bad falls. Always hated to see that. It is not worth it IMHO. Hickstead a top notch show jumper died during a competition. Hated that too!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote