New
Find
Notify
Tools

So goes Boise. Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted
I know nothing about Boise other than a few clips.

There was an article in one of the rags about the uproar of local folks against the california influx.
I guess the mayor at the time didn't get re elected. I was seriously going to look at a house there in 2013 right before I broke my leg.

https://www.idahostatesman.com...rticle243002706.html

Posts: 6384 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I think that the problem has been that many Californians are moving to other states and taking their politics and other California lifestyle issues with them and wanting to re-establish the same there, changing the long term way of life for the locals. If you move somewhere else, expect to live the lifestyle and way of life that you're moving to. I've seen it or heard about it in Nevada, Texas, Utah, Idaho, Montana, Alaska, etc. Fortunately I have had some recent neighbors move in across the street from me and they are from California, but they're conservative, second amendment, reasonable individuals, who moved to get away from all of the craziness and insanity going on in the Golden State. Big Grin By the way, Boise is a great place-or used to be. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used to blame the Californians on the Austin to Dallas corridor! I am starting to see too many "local" youngsters with the same mentality! To think that Pendijo O'Rourke almost became our Senator in my Texas is hard for me to believe! The craziness and insanity is just spreading!

Posts: 700 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
New Mexico started seeing an influx of Californians years ago. They drove prices through the roof in Santa Fe. Truth or Consequences got taken over by Californian retirees. I was even looking at buying a "second" home in Silver City. Nope.....the Californians moved in and ruined it.

In North Texas, it's Yankees. They are coming in droves from the northeast. The first wave was Yankees coming for jobs. The second wave is grandparents coming to be closer to their grandkids who are here because of their parents who came for the jobs. It's a seemingly never ending cycle.

Posts: 13772 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Our schools are doing a good job of indoctrinating our kids to be Californians.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And Universities. Big Grin I graduated from Seattle Law School. Now it's one of the most liberal law schools in the nation. For years their mantra has been 'social justice'-not equal justice-but 'social justice'. The western side of Washington, as well as Oregon, has been lost to the ultra liberals for years. Mad

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's sad stuff.

Idiots...

Californians leave California because they can't afford to live there and then they try their damndest to turn where they moved into what they fled......

Illegal aliens do the same thing.....

Posts: 41768 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
The Califonia influx to here in Central Texas has caused the property tax rates to skyrocket. One of my neighbors + good friends told me when they were moving to the Goldthwaite area, "You know its a shame that my family (Spivey) were living here when Texas was still a Republic + now we can't afford to live here anymore." Yeah, the Yankees came in the latter part of the 70s. We were working for $5.00 an hour here + though it O.K. wages. These jerks came in from Detroit + said, "I'm not working for anything less than $26.00 an hour or I'm just gonna go on welfare." Good luck bud. Unfortunately, however, the Califoricators have REALLY caused great problems to us who live here .

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tell you what, you can have all the liberals you can house, from here.
Remember when your governor was over here poaching jobs?
He got managers with them. Show'em how to rope calves...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14370 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Being a Californian and even too conservative to vote Republican I can say Californians are not all liberals. The state is run by Liberals and many conservatives fled because of the insanity. Thousands of liberals have fled due to the success of their toxic ideology and not able to afford the taxes they vote for. My old boss moved to Idaho and all he does is hunt and fish and buy guns and could not be more conservative.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27595 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
I'm going to be looking for a place in a few years. In 2013 I kinda picked Boise as a place to start looking because of weather and being Red.

Any place has to be better than Deblasio-cuomoland

I may just wind up in Las Vegas with sis.

Posts: 6384 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought that part of Idaho was supposed to be a Right Wing stronghold with groups like the Aryan Nations ?

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1586 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Las Vegas is great as long as you realize that it's controlled mainly by dem libtards-city, county and state. Not in any way like NY or NYC, however. Great weather, no state income tax, prices are reasonable, food, entertainment and desert outdoor activities abound, including an outdoor world class shooting range complex, and it's close to many other places via driving or by a short flight (San Diego, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Salt Lake City, Reno, etc.) If you do move here look to Summerlin, or in the very Northwest portion of the valley on the way to the Lee Canyon Ski Resort, at a new master planned community called Skye Canyon. Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grizzly Adams1:
I thought that part of Idaho was supposed to be a Right Wing stronghold with groups like the Aryan Nations ?

Grizz

No, that’s up in the panhandle....

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13141 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, Hemingway loved Idaho but then he loved Cuba too; however, that was a long time ago.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, Hemingway loved Idaho but then he loved Cuba too; however, that was a long time ago.

Yes he did. He loved the Sun Valley/Ketchum Idaho areas and often hunted and fished there. Big Grin And, that is where he ended his life, unfortunately.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unfortunate indeed but understandable. He was given the privilege to write JFK's inaugural speech but after the shock therapy, he couldn't write anymore. He tried for 2 weeks + couldn't come up with anything. His demise was indeed a great tragedy, still felt.