Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This is crazy Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Local ford dealer whose whole business model was up front pricing is now asking $33k for a $27k msrp price Ford Maverick. A $6k extra markup on a $27k base line micro pickup.

This is absolutely crazy.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
You'll find that to be the current business model in many places! Insane! My daughter in law's parents had that same experience in Utah. On one of the vehicles that they were looking at the markup was 10K! Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I realize Dealership’s are free to do what they want. With that said, I’ll have zero sympathy for them when the available and demand shifts.

I’m certainly glad I am not in the market.

We are certainly living in strange times

Posts: 2634 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I remember in the 1980's and 1990's when every Japanese vehicle had on the window sticker, a non negotiable line that was titled "ADP" followed by a number. ADP was additional dealer profit and was tacked onto the price of the vehicle because demand was greater than supply.

That is the case now, demand is greater than supply and if you want the car, you are going to pay what the market bears. I have seen pictures of of new vehicles sitting in grassy fields, built but not operational because there are not enough computer chips to make them run.

Now we know the downside to just in time inventory, and supply chains that require a smooth running world. Hard to say anything is going to change, the Plutocrats are making even more money from this than before! There is no effective competition because Plutocrats have created regulatory environments to keep Chinese, Indian vehicles off the American marketplace. You just have to look to find that GM has more Chinese employees, making more Chinese vehicles in China, than they do in the continental US. And not one of those vehicles can be imported, for various bogus reasons.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Toyota Lancruisers are in short supply here.

They are fixing prices higher than book.

Short supply of practically everything thanks to Chink Virus!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66693 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dealerships here in SC are flush with cars; used and new. We also have two auto auctions nearby and they are packed every week. I think it is all contrived bullshit. These are the same "stealerships" that charge $110/hr labor for repairs, and pay their mechanics $18/hr. My car was in for a factory service issue recently and they wanted $125 to install a $15 gas cap! I hope they choke on their inventory.

Posts: 3647 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
The only way to stop the BS is to quit buying it.

~Ann

Posts: 19123 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nvmichael
posted Hide Post
Most dealers (stealers) here are asking 10K to 20K over msrp. Screw them!

Posts: 1066 | Location: NV | Registered: 27 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ford needs to do something. It’s one thing marking up a toy - ford bronco. Marking up a work truck is theft from people who need a truck for work.

A landscape or pool company does not have a choice not to buy a truck now.

I hope Tesla direct sales model eventually puts most dealers out of business. Ford go need to do the same.

All these crappy state laws need to do and allow manufactures to directly sell cars and trucks.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MeMe
posted Hide Post
A lot of dealerships will show you a pickup that is marked up 10-30,000 and tell you that is a firm price. But, if you want to order one and can wait 6 to 9 months, you can get a way better deal.
I have been getting calls, texts and emails weekly for the past year from the dealership asking to buy my 2018 Silverado 3500 diesel LTZ back. I would get a $15,000 profit. Problem is I would have nothing to buy, drive or pull a trailer for months.

Posts: 360 | Location: California | Registered: 14 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
who the hell wants to wait 9 months for their truck? by that time you've moved on to a different truck!

Posts: 1530 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
These new prices are insane. When I bought my last Nissan P.U. in 99 my then wife went along with me to the dealership. Long story short she was such a vicious bitch that she cowed all the salesmen at the dealership + I just kept my mouth closed. They were so ready to see her leave that I got a new totally loaded club cab 1999 Nissan P.U. for $12K.That one was to my favor, when we divorced (THANK GOD) her hateful attitude remained in her . I never want to see that woman ever again, but then I get this thought how she might get me a good deal on a new vehicle just so they could get her away from the showroom. Wink

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
These new prices are insane. When I bought my last Nissan P.U. in 99 my then wife went along with me to the dealership. Long story short she was such a vicious bitch that she cowed all the salesmen at the dealership + I just kept my mouth closed. They were so ready to see her leave that I got a new totally loaded club cab 1999 Nissan P.U. for $12K.That one was to my favor, when we divorced (THANK GOD) her hateful attitude remained in her . I never want to see that woman ever again, but then I get this thought how she might get me a good deal on a new vehicle just so they could get her away from the showroom. Wink

Ok, I have to ask: what made you marry her in the first place?

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ok, I have to ask: what made you marry her in the first place?

Jason

I have to laugh at this as it is what I have asked quite a few men in my time.

~Ann

Posts: 19123 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anne,

Sorry to be crude, and don't mean to steal this from the comedian who originally came up with it, but there's a lot of truth in it. Men in general only have enough blood to operate one organ at a time. The brain often takes a back seat.

Posts: 9944 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Went to my local gmc dealer. I know the salesman well.

He had 3 trucks on lot. Zero Mitsubishi cars.

$15k premium for damn 2021 gmc Denali. $15k premium for a year old model.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lavaca, I plead youth + insanity but wait, I repeat myself.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I really wonder about men to get divorce many times.

Slow learners I guess.

Knew a fellow on his 4 wife said she was prefect liked to hunt and fish.

Two years later he said the bitch is taking half my guns too.

I think the women might not be the problem always.

Posts: 19304 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As far a truck prices I am really holding off on buying another.

Posts: 19304 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
I really wonder about men to get divorce many times.

Slow learners I guess.

Knew a fellow on his 4 wife said she was prefect liked to hunt and fish.

Two years later he said the bitch is taking half my guns too.

I think the women might not be the problem always.

I'm old enough now to know many many people who have had multiple marriages for several reasons. Both men and women. There seems to be three of the wrong types of marriage.

One type is with someone entirely incompatible but was done for either the person's appearance or financial value. When such a relationship ends the players do it again with another.

Then there are those I am sure are quite crazy, meaning in a psychological and thus in a pathological sense. Narcissists who are just plain abusive. Many of them marry but carry on affairs to boost their screwed up ego. Many are physically abusive. When the marriage ends they go find another to work over.

Then there are those who just don't like being alone and don't care about quality of life, just that someone is there taking care of them vice versa. I have some family like that.

The above are probably all examples of narcissistic personality disorders.

The people I know with sound, long term marriages work hard on them and are great examples of good judgement and management and for sure mental stability.

And Lavaca, you are right for sure. The mistake marriages are often short lived and the sane people tend to make a great decision on a partner in the second marriage.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I firmly believe that the key to a successful marriage is the 90%- 10% rule. BOTH sides need to remember to be willing to give that 90%. Not that it always works. With my 1st wife I did my part until she ran off with the circus so to speak + left me with 3 little kids. I don't regret a bit of it now. I got the prize, even though it didn't seem like it at the time. My kids are in their 40's now + are well aware of what went on + we have a great relationship. I waited until they were grown + gone before doing it again. That I felt was my responsibility alone, + really I suppose there was a bit of selfishness on my part with keeping the relationships with my children a personal thing.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
I firmly believe that the key to a successful marriage is the 90%- 10% rule. BOTH sides need to remember to be willing to give that 90%. Not that it always works. With my 1st wife I did my part until she ran off with the circus so to speak + left me with 3 little kids. I don't regret a bit of it now. I got the prize, even though it didn't seem like it at the time. My kids are in their 40's now + are well aware of what went on + we have a great relationship. I waited until they were grown + gone before doing it again. That I felt was my responsibility alone, + really I suppose there was a bit of selfishness on my part with keeping the relationships with my children a personal thing.

Good job putting the family unit first.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
The only way to stop the BS is to quit buying it.

I never buy new and usually at auction.

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1575 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote