Is crocodile bile a deadly poison??? Login/Join 
one of us
posted
I don't know but....

quote:
At Least 52 Dead After Drinking Poisoned Beer In Mozambique AP
By EMMANUEL CAMILLO
Posted: 01/11/2015 6:52 am EST Updated: 01/11/2015 12:59 pm EST MOZAMBIQUE

MAPUTO, Mozambique (AP) — Contaminated traditional beer has killed 56 people in Mozambique, health authorities in the southern African country said on Sunday.

An additional 49 people were admitted to hospitals in the Chitima and Songo districts in the northeastern Tete province, and 146 more people have reported to hospitals to be examined for the poisoning, district health official Alex Albertini told Radio Mozambique.

Those who drank the contaminated brew were attending a funeral in the region on Saturday, Albertini said.

Pombe, a traditional Mozambican beer, is made from millet or corn flour. Authorities believe that the drink was poisoned with crocodile bile during the course of the funeral.

Blood and traditional beer samples were being sent to the capital Maputo to be tested, said provincial health director Carle Mosse.

"We don't have the capacity to test the samples," she told Radio Mozambique.

Mosse told Radio Mozambique on Sunday that she expected the situation to worsen because the region did not have the necessary resources to deal with the disaster.

Mourners who drank the beer in the morning reported no illness, while those who drank the beer in the afternoon, fell ill, authorities said. They believe the beer must have been poisoned while funeral goers were at the cemetery.

The woman who brewed the beer is also among the dead.

Police are investigating the incident.

Health authorities have begun collecting food parcels and other items for donation to the affected families.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Give it a try and let us know !! faint

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I found this reference to using croc bile for poison arrows and in beer.

https://books.google.com/books...ile%20poison&f=false

Posts: 1229 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Who knew?

That might make you a bit careful while skinning a croc.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I take back my comment !!
That Afica place is dangerous !!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
the last white man i remember drinking that african brew - threw up what sure looked like bile, as well as his liver barf homer he must have been sick for 3 or 4 days after

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The stuff smells like a skunk peed in it.

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hell even the water in Africa will kill you, the food can be pretty deadly also, not to mention the bugs and skeeters, Take care when there!

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Going to shabeens or African beer "parties" (drunks) is risky regardless of what they put in the beer.

I'll take a Kili, asante sana.

Posts: 10007 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote