Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gas line comedy Login/Join 
one of us
posted
We were getting gas at Sam's Club Monday. Our facility has ten sets of pumps, with a one-way entrance to the plaza. The lines were around 5-8 cars long at each pump. All of the cars were on the right-hand side of the pumps. Well, I noticed the pumps had a 6-foot extension on the hoses. So, even though our Explorer has a left-side fill cap, I swung out of line and cozy'd up to a pump. The hose reached around with a foot to spare, and I filled-up. I was the only car that did that. The people just stared at me and continued to stay on-line. Sheeple.

Posts: 3666 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
OK if the hose doesn't scratch your paint.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14363 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
And Bob, you can't even blame it on "women drivers" anymore. There are SOOO many bimbos (both sexes) out there these days. I know from getting directions from homeowners; I always wonder how they can find their way home.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
The same thing at my local bank. People line up behind the car sitting at one of the drive through stalls. There are three stalls. I've seen as many as four vehicles in one line and the rest empty. I drive up to the empty one and the people lined up sure look flummoxed. Most of the time I am done with my deposits and driving off before anyone in that line up moves up. I don't know if it is herd instinct or stupidity or both!

~Ann

Posts: 19148 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Both. And it's everywhere nowadays. Big Grin

Administrator
posted Hide Post
The one which never ceases to amaze me is parking in malls.

I always try going to the mall early - they open at 10.

That way there is not too many people, I get what I want and out with not too much hassle.

I find an empty space far from the entrance, with lots of empty spaces around me.

Every time, while walking to the mall after parking, I see an individual - mostly women - trying their best to squeeze between two cars close to the entrance.

Going in and out. In and out.

While 50 meters away there are 10 open spaces next to each other, all one has to do is just drive in.

When my daughter got her own car, she asked me to go with her to the petrol pump, to show her what to do.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66909 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, I know. A few years ago I stopped at a Target store to get a bottle of liquid paper white out from the business section. found it + checked out. I was stopped by store security who informed me that it was curious that I had arrived + left so fast. I told him, I found what I wanted, I bought it + I was leaving. He just laughed + said, A woman will never do that!.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm always amazed by the number of cars that come without steering wheels. No matter what lane you are in, if some fool tailgates you, he'll do that for miles rather than switch to open lanes, which make me believe they didn't pay extra for the steering wheel option.

If YOU change lanes, they will immediately speed-up and disappear in the distance. They only seem to know how to drive in a straight line.

Posts: 13772 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How about the driver that rapidly overtakes you at night. Then, moves into a position off your left rear quarter and sits there with their headlights blinding you in your sideview mirror. I've learned to angle my mirror so it reflects back at them. They quickly move on.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ken, those must be the same folks that bought their vehicle without turn indicators too.
Bob, I had a friend in the Air Force in San Antonio in the 60s. He rigged up an aircraft landing light to the back of the cab of his pick-up + had a toggle switch on the dash. When anyone tried that brights behind him routine , he'd just hit the switch once. Chaos always ensued in the rear view mirror; but the guilty party never did it again.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Women going to a fitness center and circle the parking lot looking for a close parking space so that they can.......wait for it........go inside and walk on a treadmill faint

Posts: 41767 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Years ago, when I first got a company car, my employer required me to take the Smith's School Driving Course. My instructor told me about these drivers. They are only aware of what is 50 feet in front of their vehicle and fixate on it. Hence their habit of tailgating. When you move over, you force them to move forward to find their next victim.

quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:
I'm always amazed by the number of cars that come without steering wheels. No matter what lane you are in, if some fool tailgates you, he'll do that for miles rather than switch to open lanes, which make me believe they didn't pay extra for the steering wheel option.

If YOU change lanes, they will immediately speed-up and disappear in the distance. They only seem to know how to drive in a straight line.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Years ago I had a Toyota pickup with a problem exhaust manifold. My family and I were on the road late at night - one of those Texas roads with little traffic and few curves. I watched in the rear view as the motorcycle approached, and rather than pass he just assumed the position off my bumper - way closer than I was comfortable with. I figured he just wanted to go a bit faster, so I bumped it up a notch. He never lost an inch - so I depressed the accelerator a tad more. No change. So I put my foot in it - and he hung there like we were connected by a (very short) rope. Still wouldn’t go around or back off.

So I abruptly jerked my foot off the gas - and the concussion and fireball from the backfiring exhaust must have singed his balls and burst his eardrums. All I could see through the yellow mist of vaporized urine in the mirrors was a tiny glimmer of light disappearing in the distance. I’m sure the intrepid road warrior must have thought someone hiding in the bed of the truck had engaged him with a pack howitzer!

I really debated replacing that exhaust after discovering its entertainment value!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
when trucking I drove a cabover Freightliner.
12" steel front bumper with two 8" landing lights.

R aimed down the R shoulder to pick up deer and other animal life. Left one aimed at the oncoming traffic.

When one kept brights on, I singed their eyeballs. Wasn't long til they dimmed.

When out in wide open country and no traffic I ran with them on. Amazing how well things lit up.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lights like that would be real handy on the new I-30 bypass hwy. going to the new Austin airport. There are long stretches of nothing between HWY 183 + the airport. There are no lights + there are MANY feral hogs that come onto the why. + their eyes don't shine in the dark. When one hits a 300 pound. sow at 80 MPH, there are problems ; to say the least.