THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    PETA -- When It Comes to Marketing They Kick Our Butt

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PETA -- When It Comes to Marketing They Kick Our Butt Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted
The subject line above says it all. Compare this ad to an ad for the NRA. NRA preaches to the choir, PETA preaches to the unwashed.

http://www.peta.org/content/st...gieLove/Default.aspx

When I grow up I want to be a broccoli floret.

Mike

Posts: 21207 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw this as one of the ads banned, or at least denied, by the Super Bowl. While i admit that it is erotic and such (without the words and all), I know I still want want my aspargus grilled, and my brocoli stir-fried-- as a side dish to my medium-rare beef or venison.

Dan Donarski
Hunter's Horn Adventures
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
906-632-1947
www.huntershornadventures.com

Posts: 668 | Location: Michigan's U.P. | Registered: 20 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I really think there is a serious point to consider here. We (hunters and those that enjoy the shooting sports) gear all of our advertising to ourselves -- we spend our time preaching to the choir. When you think about NRA ads, they are not designed to cause non-hunters to rethink their views, they are designed to cause hunters to join the NRA and pay dues. Then we lament that we are seeing increasing opposition to our sporting interests, waining interest in hunting and shooting, etc. Perhaps we are just reaping what we have sown. Honestly, I would much rather watch the PETA ad than listen to Wayne LaPierre talk about why I need to renew my NRA membership and send him my money. If that is the way I feel, I can only imagine how most non-hunters would react.

Mike

Posts: 21207 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike,

forgive my first response as being rather too quick on the draw. Call it outrage fueled fast fingers. Then again, I do like asparagus grilled with medium rare grilled loins.

You make some very valid points. Particularly that of our sport and industry preaching to the choir. I don't have to convince you, you don't have to convince me. My neighbor, however, sheesh.

PETA runs ads that the common TV viewer sees on the common shows. We run ads on VS, TOC, ESPN 2 but only when "our" shows are playing.

Wouldn't it be great to see ads on the network news, or at least Fox and CNN touting sportsmen and conservation. Or during college football, and yes, even figure skating.

Or cheaper, billboards up on the major highways, if you can tolerate "litter on a stick," telling our story.

Dan Donarski
Hunter's Horn Adventures
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
906-632-1947
www.huntershornadventures.com

Posts: 668 | Location: Michigan's U.P. | Registered: 20 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
Hey I'd take any of those gals out for a burger and fries.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I always wanted to come back as a girls bicycle seat but........in light of the new ad maybe a punkin would be ok toooooo

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1504 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
I don't think their advertising is effective at all. When's the last time you saw one of their ads on tv or a billboard? Everytime they propose a billboard campaign their art work is shot down for the same reason the tv ad was scrapped. The most effective thing they can focus on isn't sex, it's the slaughter house footage, it makes most meat eaters ill. Not sure how old that is but a bullet to the head sure beats the hell out of live stock hanging from a leg. But I highly doubt they can get that stuff on the air either. I think most average non hunting Americans think they are extremists.

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote