New
Find
Notify
Tools

Car accident Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted
On New Years Eve @ 4;00 P.M. I was driving to the local post office + I have to cross this little 2 lane bridge over the river.; The coming at me crossed the dbl. yellow line + was in my lane when his side mirror contacted mt side mirror. My mirror was destroyed + was knocked back to take out my driver sides window. This is on my Cadillac Escalade so you know the parts are cheap, right? After the sudden impact I was fortunate to keep it steady in my lane as I could easily have had a head on with the guy right behind him. We were both doing 60. By the time I got off the bridge + could turn around, he was long gone. It happened so fast that I couldn't even register the make of his white pick-up. I'm just fortunate that I didn't have an accident with the guy behind him. I'm 99.9 % sure the guy had been drinking early on new years eve + was why he wanted to get the hell out of there fast. It's damn sure an inconvenience + cost to me though.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Randy, just glad you are safe. As you said, it could have been much worse. Sorry the perp got away with it!

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16303 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
That is terrible.

Glad you were not hurt.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66751 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Wow. Some people are horrible. I hope you can find parts without some extended wait.

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Funny you should mention that. My son got onto Ebay immediately Friday evening + ordered the parts that were to be delivered Monday; they never showed, new delivery date Friday, never showed, new delivery date next Wednesday. No refunds or otherwise I would have told my son to just cancel the order + have my mechanic get the parts. Anyway, I spoke with my son this evening on the phone + he said that kids had texted him that there had been a pkg. delivered; so I hope we can get this resolved. BTW, when I called my son + asked him where he was he said, Amarrillo, on my way back from Colorado, seems he found a great deal on a welding truck, flew up, bought it + is driving back. He plans to drive all night + get in at 1:00 A.M. or whenever. Last week he drove to Houston to get new tires for his other welding truck + said he would most likely roll in at 5 in the AM. Hell, I had energy when I was 43 years old but not like his.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Randy

Those all the way thru drives is where a lot
of people crash n burn.

Share some advice with him. Don't over do those
long drives.

Glad didn't get worse.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5935 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's a 12 hour ride each way for me to visit my mother. I do it straight through.

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ann, that's because you don't have to stop and pee!
I used to be able to do that!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My son got divorced 4 years ago + she moved to Georgia, so now every few weeks he has to drive from central Texas to Georgia to pick up my grandson + back again. He doesn't seem to mind the drive but all the time spent really cuts into his work schedule. When I got divorced many years ago, it was not an issue for me as I got to keep the kids but the law at that time said that under joint custody the other parent could not leave the state. I guess things have changed or else he got a lousy lawyer.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
Ann, that's because you don't have to stop and pee!
I used to be able to do that!
Peter.

LOL, oh trust me, Peter, I have to make potty breaks. I generally can hold it long enough to combine filling the gas tank in my Impala. Three stops!

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
My son got divorced 4 years ago + she moved to Georgia, so now every few weeks he has to drive from central Texas to Georgia to pick up my grandson + back again. He doesn't seem to mind the drive but all the time spent really cuts into his work schedule. When I got divorced many years ago, it was not an issue for me as I got to keep the kids but the law at that time said that under joint custody the other parent could not leave the state. I guess things have changed or else he got a lousy lawyer.

That's a raw deal.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Randy,

Make the claim under your uninsured motorist coverage rather than your collision coverage. No deductible that way and it covers hit and run on the standard policy. Good luck.

Posts: 9951 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote