Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Electronics Earplugs Recommendation Login/Join 
posted
The hearing protection is necessary at the time of the shooting. The loud noise of the gun is harmful to our ear and may cause tinnitus, which is not curable. The best way to avoid tinnitus is earplugs. The electronics earplugs are better to protect hearing than the generic. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Posts: 8 | Location: SC | Registered: 06 December 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I use both the Walkers razor XV version with bluetooth and the Walkers rechargeable electronic ear plugs, and like them.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jack, if you have your heart set on electronic ear muffs then I certainly don't want to talk you out of it, however, have you considered moulded ear plugs? These are available as a "do it yourself" kit from EBay as I recollect. It comes as a two part mixture, rather like epoxy does, and costs around 10 bucks. You do it your self. It takes about 15 minutes. It moulds to your ear, each ear individually, and lasts for years. A pair is very small.
I have two pairs, in separate bags. One for skeet shooting and one for rifle/pistol shooting. They attenuate gunshots extremely well as they completely fill the ear canal.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I have been using custom molded plugs for a long time. I lost one out of the first pair, then bought a second pair. I think they cost me $75-100. The guy that fit them to me is local, which doesn’t help you much.

I did buy a pair of electronic Walker’s, but they don’t have Bluetooth. They were on sale for maybe $130 from GrabAGun. I haven’t used them yet.

I haven’t been able to keep up with things obviously, so I shy away from the really expensive ones.

My tinnitus has been bad many, many years. I’m 43, but expect it will only get worse.

Edit to add and I will update once I try them:
https://grabagun.com/walkers-g...-razor-silencer.html

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jacksimonton:
The hearing protection is necessary at the time of the shooting. The loud noise of the gun is harmful to our ear and may cause tinnitus, which is not curable. The best way to avoid tinnitus is earplugs. The electronics earplugs are better to protect hearing than the generic. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

I bought some walker on sale at academy for $38 yesterday. My cousin used them and he liked them.

All the electronic ones are rated 23-25.

Simple foam plugs are rated 30-32.

I use both - foam and electronic/regular ear plugs at the range.

https://www.audiologyonline.co...ng-earmuffs-and-1218

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
I use both the Walkers razor XV version with bluetooth and the Walkers rechargeable electronic ear plugs, and like them.

Thanks for your beautiful response.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
Jack, if you have your heart set on electronic ear muffs then I certainly don't want to talk you out of it, however, have you considered moulded ear plugs? These are available as a "do it yourself" kit from EBay as I recollect. It comes as a two part mixture, rather like epoxy does, and costs around 10 bucks. You do it your self. It takes about 15 minutes. It moulds to your ear, each ear individually, and lasts for years. A pair is very small.
I have two pairs, in separate bags. One for skeet shooting and one for rifle/pistol shooting. They attenuate gunshots extremely well as they completely fill the ear canal.
Peter.

Interesting, I agree with you. Thanks

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DCS Member:
I have been using custom molded plugs for a long time. I lost one out of the first pair, then bought a second pair. I think they cost me $75-100. The guy that fit them to me is local, which doesn’t help you much.

I did buy a pair of electronic Walker’s, but they don’t have Bluetooth. They were on sale for maybe $130 from GrabAGun. I haven’t used them yet.

I haven’t been able to keep up with things obviously, so I shy away from the really expensive ones.

My tinnitus has been bad many, many years. I’m 43, but expect it will only get worse.

Edit to add and I will update once I try them:
https://grabagun.com/walkers-g...-razor-silencer.html

Thank you so much, guys, for your beautiful response.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
quote:
Originally posted by jacksimonton:
Thanks

I bought some walker on sale at academy for $38 yesterday. My cousin used them and he liked them.

All the electronic ones are rated 23-25.

Simple foam plugs are rated 30-32.

I use both - foam and electronic/regular ear plugs at the range.

https://www.audiologyonline.co...ng-earmuffs-and-1218

Mike

I think those are best and cheapest to me. The price range also attract me too.

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I regularly use the Peltor electronic ones but have several of the old styles + keep earplugs with me at all times in my vehicles. Remember the old adage, "Someday you might want to hear your grandchildren's voices.'

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine wears earplug for four years and he gives me a recommendation https://www.bigearinc.com/prod...c-hearing-protection the earplugs are good too and precious.

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Everybody probably already knows this but for the sake of redundancy + maybe some new young shooter; in lieu of H.P. s on the range just grab a couple have fired cases + put them primer side in in your ears, not perfect but works in a pinch.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
An unused used cigarette butt work best in a pinch.

Posts: 1278 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote