THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    What are some good music radio stations are there in Texas?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are some good music radio stations are there in Texas? Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
I installed a program that allows you to listen to thousands of radio stations from all over the world, but too many of them. What's good?

Posts: 2356 | Location: Moscow | Registered: 07 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Badlands radio--out of Houston
The Ranch--out of Ft. Worth
You will NOT get any Nash--trash refs from me and I do follow real music and enjoy live shows regularly.

Posts: 1991 | Location: Sinton, TX | Registered: 16 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
97.1 in Houston
and 92.3 out of Junction

Posts: 41762 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
v

What type of music do you like?

Posts: 13760 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
If it still exists, I think you can find some entertainment on XERF, Del Rio TX

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4223 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
97.1 in Houston
and 92.3 out of Junction

and they have names? This software - Tunein - radio - searches by name, not by frequency.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:
v

What type of music do you like?

Dunno, simply good music. Usually I have some CD with something like Romantic Collection. Music (even pop) differ from country to country.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I like pop music. 102.9 has a short playlist, but I don't mind. They must be about my age. They repeat themselves a lot.

http://www.1029now.com/pages/playlist-2/

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:

97.1 in Houston

+1, and they have an app you can download to stream on your cell phone.

Mike

Posts: 21094 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
On a broader point, how has Pandora, Sirius XM, etc. survived? Does anyone not incarcerated really listen to THAT much radio?

They tried to give me Sirius XM when I bought my SUV a few years ago, and certainly the fact that the vehicle was enabled for that system meant that they viewed Sirius XM as a desirable option. I didn't get it, or even get the free trial.

When I'm in my vehicle, I'm driving. I don't have time to be flipping stations all over the board searching iHeart, OnStar, Sirius, etc.

It is like cable TV. You get 175+ channels of sh*t that you don't want.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like "The Ranch" 106.9 FM, station is between my house and ranch, so Tune them in while on my tractor and much of the time in my truck. Not a very powerful station so they fade in and out sometimes, but they are on the internet. Play a good bit of "Texas" music. Might be worth a try.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2723 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slowpoke Slim
posted Hide Post
KCDX out of Tucson, Arizona

Lots of rare music, no DJ's, and no commercials.

One of the things I miss from Arizona.

Si tantum EGO eram dimidium ut bonus ut EGO memor

Posts: 1146 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: 31 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
KUTX,98.9 F.M.from the University of Texas in Austin. Get info from KUTX.ORG.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:
On a broader point, how has Pandora, Sirius XM, etc. survived? Does anyone not incarcerated really listen to THAT much radio?

They tried to give me Sirius XM when I bought my SUV a few years ago, and certainly the fact that the vehicle was enabled for that system meant that they viewed Sirius XM as a desirable option. I didn't get it, or even get the free trial.

When I'm in my vehicle, I'm driving. I don't have time to be flipping stations all over the board searching iHeart, OnStar, Sirius, etc.

It is like cable TV. You get 175+ channels of sh*t that you don't want.

Sirius [XM] is different.
you get to listen to the same radio station all the way from Idaho through Wyoming.
otherwise you get 2 minute snippets of this and that as the radio scrolls through everything.
not so much fun at 4 am.
or you could just come to town here and get the am and fm station.
they are the same station just on different frequency's and reach about 4 miles out of town.

woo hoo wheat and potato fields are super entertaining to look at rolling along at 45 MPH.
yep,,, never seen a red tractor before... check it out...
yaaaay.. only 2.75 more hours to get to work, time is flyin by.
look a cow.

Posts: 4962 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Sirius is a nice addition (if you want to pay for it). When I bought my truck new at the dealership they wanted to sell me everything.I wanted a plain jane vanilla for a work truck.They could not believe that I did'nt want a radio. I said I did'nt want to finance a radio.That I can install myself. However all they had was a fully loaded club cab P.U. Nissan Frontier. My ex wife (thank God!) was there + read the car dealers the riot act. She would get this vehicle !!!! + it will be cheap,etc!!!!!. She was such a bitch that they just wanted her out of there. I got a brand new pick up,fully loaded for $12.000.00. She was usefull at times but it was'nt worth it to stay married to her.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
www.kedaradio.com San Antonio
you can get it online

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote