Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NRA Travel Insurance Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
I just received from an NRA affiliate an application for medical travel insurance. Has anyone purchased this and if you used it is it worth the $89 per year? I have reached a point in life where I think I should prepare for problems when travelling.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've never used travel insurance for any overseas travel (business, hunting, vacations). I feel like I'm way ahead of the game.

I've only been stung once, and I seriously doubt if I could have collected on the insurance if I'd had it.

Posts: 13760 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I should have been more specific. The program being offered is similar to Global Rescue where they step in in the event of a medical emergency when away from home.
The program is Emergency Assistance Plus. Cost for an individual is $89 and twenty bucks more for family.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I asked about this NRA Travel Insurance on AR several months ago. Did not get one response. I believe I will stick with Global Rescue.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote