Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Property tax issuse, again Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Back to square 1 with Travis County. I finally had a teleconference (again) w/ the appraisal board on Monday concerning my 3 year continuing protest on them not giving me my Homestead + over 65 exemptions for the last 3 years running. The teleconference did no good. Their only contribution was denial even though I have sent them 3 times certified mail the affidavits that they require + claim to have never received even though I have the receipts of cert. Mail. That doesn't matter, apparently. Long story short, my eldest son is going in with me in person to the appraisal district on Monday to set this thing right in person. I think his real purpose along with the truth of the property ownership is to really keep a cap on my temper as I have a real problem with folks who steal from me, + beaurocrats are really high on the list.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
GOOD LUCK!

Kick some ASS!

Hip

Posts: 1822 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's why my son is coming along, to see that I don't. It really pisses me off when some pencil-neck accountant type tries to screw me out of my rights that are already accorded to me by law.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
Have someone with a real big professional looking video camera go with you...

Better ye the local TV news station

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1961 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, we went in today through the armed guards + the metal detector to finally talk to a little Mexican girl behind plate glass that had me fill out ANOTHER application + said they would contact me in 8-10 weeks to accept or deny. By then the new tax statements will be out of course.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A buddy forwarded me a link to a sight that said that Governor Abbott has signed into law a tax freeze on school taxes for the over 65 crowd. I tried to read it, but it was so legaleezed that I didn't understand it. It appears that you have to apply for it instead of it just being granted. I don't know + you may be sure that the school districts will not be of any help. They just decided to put in another high school here + the 1st million will go to ANOTHER football stadium. I have never been a great football fan, but now I'm hating it as I am being forced to finance it while the school makes all the revenue. Any info on this tax freeze on school taxes would be appreciated.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
lemme know about the school tax issue. i will be checking on my end too. last time we voted in seguin for primaries there was a laundry list of stuff they wanted the publics input on. freezing taxes for the over 65 crowd was one.
and why the hell do i have to pay school taxes in a district and county i don't even live in? the highly informative answer from the tax assholes is "thats just the way its done".

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that blanket policy statement, "Well, that's just the way it is" has pissed me off for many years. Not to mention the "Robin Hood Act" that has pissed off everyone in the state except the leftist freeloaders, who get a free ride.

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
It's amazing how much we are charged for 'school taxes' yet teachers are so poorly paid. Where is the money going?

~Ann

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
To the administrators, of course. I have many college friends with a sociology degree that ended up teaching school because that is what you can do with that degree. I did the same wanting to teach history, but the field was slim + I found out quickly that with my math that I could do a sheet metal shop to much more profit. So that's what I did. The real crime to the taxpayers is that all of the administration rotate about every 3-4 years for another school that pays them a bit more. It is rampant so my friends tell me. I find it so reprehensible that I am inclined to believe it is true!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is also a way for those over 65 to defer property taxes until after death and have your estate settle taxes. Might be an option for older property owners or those in very bad health. Have to talk to tax appraiser on both of these programs. Very easy to do in our county but I imagine damn near impossible in Harris, Travis and Dallas county. Good luck!

Karl Evans

Posts: 2743 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the unfortunate distinction of having the Williamson/ Travis County line running right through the center of my property. This has been a nightmare scenario for years, + has only been made worse that they periodically move the county line; one year a building is in one county + the next year it's in the other. This has been going on for years.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, I got a certified letter from Travis County on Friday that had about a dozen forms they wanted filled out, along with the comment that they would "look at" my concern for a fee of $450.00. WTF!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No wonder they keep armed security guards at the door
1 People are really getting tired of being fxxxed.

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Norman Conquest:
Well, I got a certified letter from Travis County on Friday that had about a dozen forms they wanted filled out, along with the comment that they would "look at" my concern for a fee of $450.00. WTF!!!

You will not win this. It will be one hoop after another.

~Ann

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote