New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remember The Alamo Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted
On this day, 3,6 1836 the Alamo fell to Santa Anna's forces. It is a natural treasure to us here. At the battle of San Jacinto on April 21st, Deaf Smith rode among the Tejano troops attacking the Mexicans who were confused + trying to surrender shouting out the battle cry, "Take prisoners like the Mexicans do. Remember The Alamo!"

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
NO QUARTER

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
With Joe in charge I am surprised he has given all that land back.

Posts: 19355 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
On this day, 3,6 1836 the Alamo fell to Santa Anna's forces. It is a natural treasure to us here.

tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
God bless Texas.

"For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind..."
Hosea 8:7

Posts: 579 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 January 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm a proud Texan, born and raised. And my ancestors were there in 1836 and with the battles with the Comanche thereafter, but you realize that the Americans who came to Texas broke the deal with the Mexican government from the get go. They had to convert to Catholicism. They had to not have slaves. They brought their Baptist preachers and their slaves when they came to Texas. So while I'm glad to not be a part of Mexico, we don't really wear the white hat here.

And our biggest mistake was joining the U.S after independence in the first place, but Houston was a big fan of Jackson and wanted that from the beginning. But after Texas joined the Union, it's next biggest mistake was seceding and joining the Confederacy.

We've made a lot of mistakes, but we go on from here. And we take off the masks too soon.

I'm a fan of Gregg Abbott, but seems like another in a series of mistakes for Texas.

Posts: 9994 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Lavaca, I'm with you 100%. History isn't pretty but it needs to stay true.And although I voted for them I also am a bit disappointed by Abbott + Cruz.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote