Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

diesel price Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
I bought diesel today for $1.81 haven't seen that in years.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will be cheap for a while if the futures are right. Not sure where you bought it but in north west states - Montana ect - diesel could be cheap into 2022.

Expensive in Florida but this is Brent based country.

My gut is oil will be higher than futures. But I don’t trade physical.

Diesel

https://www.cmegroup.com/tradi...cts/heating-oil.html

Gasoline

https://www.cmegroup.com/tradi...s/rbob-gasoline.html

Wcs differential

https://www.cmegroup.com/tradi...ude-oil-futures.html

Wti Oil

https://www.cmegroup.com/tradi...ght-sweet-crude.html

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thomas "Ty" Beaham
posted Hide Post
According to gasbuddy.com
Arizona:
Low $1.52
Avg. $2.08

https://www.gasbuddy.com/home

Cool

Posts: 2927 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 07 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ours still hovers just below $3. Ugh.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14363 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here in rural Colorado diesel sells for about $1.95 per gallon. I remember in 2014 in WA state on a trip pulling the 5er, donating $5.25 per gallon. That is down right highway robbery!

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1187 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Here in Las Vegas, it's between $2.49 and $2.95. I just don't see how a gas station stays in business charging the highest prices for fuel. I remember the 'gas wars' of the late 50's-early 60's. Seems that there is less and less of that. Maybe some people are just too lazy to shop for the cheapest price.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Speculators (traders) don't know diddly crap about what crude oil prices or fuel prices will be at a certain time. It's and educated guess like everyone else's. I believe speculators should have to take actual delivery of the bbls they control. I think that would cut out some of the BS short selling at the end of the contract USO excels at lately.

WTI refers to oil extracted from wells in the U.S. and sent via pipeline to Cushing, Oklahoma. The product itself is very light and very sweet, making it ideal for gasoline refining, in particular. WTI continues to be the main benchmark for oil consumed in the United States.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
Here in Las Vegas, it's between $2.49 and $2.95. I just don't see how a gas station stays in business charging the highest prices for fuel. I remember the 'gas wars' of the late 50's-early 60's. Seems that there is less and less of that. Maybe some people are just too lazy to shop for the cheapest price.

Retailers in the USA can charge whatever they want to charge for their products. It's up to you whether you want to pay the price or not. Highway diesel is $1.79 around here, FWIW.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Retailers in the USA can charge whatever they want to charge for their products. It's up to you whether you want to pay the price or not. Highway diesel is $1.79 around here, FWIW.

Agreed. But, you'd think that the cheaper the price the more business and money a gas station owner would make. At least, that was part of the 'gas wars' of yesteryear. I haven't checked the price of diesel at the truck stops. It might be cheaper there. The prices quoted were for regular service stations. Thanks for the tip.

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
True, I remember the gas wars well but I'll bet you that today's station owners are not getting rich. Kinda reminds me of the old joke about the farmer who won the lottery + when asked what he was going to do with the money he just said: "Well, I'll just keep farming until it's all gone."

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I did see diesel for $2.69 yesterday, at a place that only takes cash and debit cards.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14363 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TomP:
I did see diesel for $2.69 yesterday, at a place that only takes cash and debit cards.

All the way down to $2.75.9 in Kenai dancing

Posts: 2350 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote