New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stimulas pisser Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted
We are aware of all the pork that Pelosi + her ilk added on to the pkg. before they would sign. You look up HR 748 from 116th Congress + see where all (96%) of the money went that was supposed to help the American people. BTW, the money allocated would have given every eligible citizen over $6000.00 instead of $1200.00. It reminds me of the quote from Winston Churchill, "It is a very serious thing for a political creed or a political party when they are compelled in spite of themselves to hail national misfortunes as a means of advancing their cause."

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Smokin Joe
posted Hide Post

Posts: 403 | Location: CA | Registered: 30 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Although many on this forum do not need the stimulus money, many millions do! They have been given the chance, let's hope they use it wisely.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Smoking Joe, what I have here shows the amount to be $6051.74. I find it hard to believe that the Government when only allocated to give away $600.00 would double that amount to the public rather than to spend on pet projects. And yes Peter I hope so too. There are so many out there that are dependant on social activity for their wages, I.E. restaurants, theatres, etc. I don't need it but I got one anyway so I just set it back to pay for this year's property taxes. Helluva note when no ones working that the taxes still increase. I have always failed to understand that because of their overspending that I should be responsible for the bill.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote