Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It never ends! Login/Join 
one of us
posted
In 2017 US Representative Corrine Brown was tried and convicted on charges of fraud and tax evasion. During the trial one of the jurors told the judge that The Holy Spirit told him that the congresswoman was innocent. The judge (Corrigan) dismissed the juror. The judge is pretty highly regarded, locally.
Brown appealed to the 11th. Circuit Court of Appeals, and they reversed the conviction and ordered a new trial. The 7 judge majority of the appeals court were all Republican appointees. 6 by Donald Trump. The 4 dissenting judges were Obama and Clinton appointees. One of them asked what would have happened if the Holy Spirit tlod the juror that the accused was guilty! Another asked what would have happened if Satan had told the juror that the accused was innocent! Etc. Etc.
So much for jurors deciding a criminal case based on the evidence!
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Forget about that Peter, we now have a legal system, not a justice system. I personally have had jury duty 5 times + every time was a clusterfxxk!

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
Forget about that Peter, we now have a legal system, not a justice system. I personally have had jury duty 5 times + every time was a clusterfxxk!

Too many lawyers hav4 to be fed! rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66927 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I heard an article on NPR that claimed in the next 20 years 1 out of 10 people in this country will be an attorney. Scary.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
I heard an article on NPR that claimed in the next 20 years 1 out of 10 people in this country will be an attorney. Scary.

Good!

When parasites get out of hand, they destroy each other! rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66927 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
True ,but in the interim they destroy everything in between. Every time I think of an influx of lawyers I think of the 1954 movie "The Naked Jungle" with Charlton Heston + the army ants +their swath of destruction.