THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    Does Anyone Still Use The Yellow Pages?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does Anyone Still Use The Yellow Pages? Login/Join 
one of us
posted
They keep showing-up in my mailbox every year.

Posts: 13760 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes I was looking up a business just two days ago

Posts: 19314 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Damn you to hell, P-shooter, I was going to throw mine away, and now you've sucked me back in.....I've got to keep it.....just in case.

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I soak them in water + stack them to simulate bullet expansion in tissue. Really! Big Grin I have never had any use for the book as they never list things the way I would find an item or service. Besides I always felt bad for the ladies at the P.O. since the phone books were being distributed at the same time as the Christmas rush pkgs. That was a dumb move on somones part.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My wife used to write "NEW" on them and throw them in the cabinet under the kitchen phone with all the other ones labeled "NEW"...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14332 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Google killed the Yellow Pages...

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Absolutely! Deader than a hammer.

One of Us
Picture of nvmichael
posted Hide Post
NO!
Use your virtual assistant.
Siri or Google assistant.
They’ll even call the number for you or show you a map and give you directions.
Yellow pages are dead. Must be a lot of money in those ads to cover cost of printing and delivery.
I’m with NC, shoot them.

Posts: 1066 | Location: NV | Registered: 27 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I keep a phone book in my truck, just in case . Smiler

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1577 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I use them all of the time-for backstops for my grandkids to shoot pellet and bb guns. Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Best use for them, besides I have never been able to find any services in them as they don't list things the way I would.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
they don't list things the way I would.

I have the same problem on websites.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote