Notify
Tools

Choked me up Login/Join 
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
Nuff said. Best of the holidays to all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...xGI&feature=youtu.be

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16348 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
+1

Posts: 13771 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+2

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1503 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+3

DRSS Chapuis 9.3 x 74 R
RSM. 416 Rigby
RSM 375 H&H

Posts: 1293 | Location: Catskill Mountains N.Y. | Registered: 13 September 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
+4 I watched it again.

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
X 5. Boy, Bill that one is really a tear-jerker.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A tear-jurker it is.

Merry Christmas to all.

Posts: 1007 | Registered: 21 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It sure illustrates how one person can change the life of another person through an act of kindness.

The same thing can happen by recognizing the good, or value in someone; or just saying the right thing at the right time.

In my life, I remember the day of my high school graduation. I was staring out the window wondering what in the hell I was going to do with my life. My chemistry teacher, a man about ready to retire, walked up to me, and without me saying anything other than, "Hello"; he said, "You'll be OK". Maybe he had seen a lot of kids in his day questioning their futures. I don't know, but at that moment I needed to hear exactly what he said.

Fifteen years later I was a drilling engineer. I thought I had attained in life about all I deserved. My boss of two years, called me in one day and said he had been promoted to VP. He told me he wanted me to take his job. I told him I didn't think I was ready. He just told me I couldn't fail. He wouldn't let me....and he was good to his word. He had my back, and my career took off.

Twenty-five years later I had a sharp young Muslim Roustabout, Sheikh Zia on one of my rigs. I needed a Radio Operator. I told him the same thing I was told. "You can't fail". He turned out to be our best. When I needed an HSE Officer a year or so later, I asked Sheikh. He jumped at it. Again, he became our best. When some white, union, troublemakers tried to get him fired in Australia, I had his back. I told them that if the problems persisted I would fire someone, but it wasn't going to be Sheikh.

You can change lives in many ways. The CHP Officer just went all-in. He didn't have to, but he changed the course of that little girl's life; maybe saved her life.

There is enough meanness and evil in the world. We need to have our faith in mankind restored periodically.

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
+6

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ken, so true. Every day we all make impressions on another generation whether we know it or not, but it is true. It has always been this way. I have had people come up to me that said I changed heir life + swear I don't remember them. I suppose the point here is the ripple on the water principle; you know, throw out a pebble + the ripples extend. I won't insult your intelligence by saying more.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
"Recognizing the good or value in someone"; this is indeed "the Lord's work."
Thanks for that post, Ken.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16348 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes Indeed. Thank you Ken.

One of Us
Picture of carpediem4570
posted Hide Post
Boy,

What a lovely fairy tale christmas story.

I don't know what it's like where you guys live but in my neck of the woods most of the men and women police are a waste of skin. Not to be trusted. Lazier than a pet coon. And yes I speak from experience. And no, I am not a law breaker. Quite the opposite, in point of fact.

Check this out on youtube:
https://youtu.be/ZYuGsL9Q8QA
Ontario police officer shoots fellow officer

Enough said.

Kind regards,

Carpediem

No politician who supports gun control should recieve armed protection paid for by those he is trying to disarm.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways-scotch in one hand-Chocolate in the other-body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WHOO-HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!"

Madly Off In All Directions