Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hand sanitizer Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
This got to be the most stupid thing that I have ever heard on the News last night with Norah O'Donnell, they are drinking hand sanitizer because it contains alcohol and actually contains Ethanol and wood alcohol and people are getting very Ill and dying. They have a recall on that sanitizer.but still in all, why!!! would you drink it unless you thought it would cure the covid I guess you can't fix stupid.

Posts: 112 | Location: northern lower michigan | Registered: 22 November 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As with most addicts alcoholics well do most anything to get a fix.

Posts: 19314 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saw a whole pallet of the stuff in pull top beer cans at the local IGA. What do you expect from people who think Lysol has good and bad years ? Smiler

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1577 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Many years ago when I was still working in the field + not doing strickly shop work, I encountered some painters (notorious alckys as a rule) that would buy a loaf of french bread, trim off the ends + then drain paint thinner through it + drink the results. They claimed the filtration through the bread killed the poison. I never saw one die but I didn't stick around either.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Methanol should not be in hand sanitizer because it is poisonous through the skin. I believe recently some Mexican hand sanitizer with methanol was recalled. Most are ethanol 70-80%,glycerin,and sometimes aloe vera. That is what people are drinking. The glycerin gives you a righteous case of the squirts.

Posts: 3652 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kinda on + off the subject but avoid servicing A.C. systems in any vehicle that has been to Mexico. They have a tendency to use propane as a propellant for the refrigerant that while doing some damage to your gauges will trash a commercial charging unit. Just a heads up.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MeMe
posted Hide Post
Hospitals prior to covid would pull all the hand sanitizer from the door jams to the patients rooms at night. All the alcoholics would come off the street and steal them to get their fix. They were the pressurized foam dispenser types.

Posts: 360 | Location: California | Registered: 14 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I still remember being very young, maybe 7. I was at my grandmothers house. Some guy came to the door (6 miles down an old caliche ranch road) and said he had cut himself and asked for rubbing alcohol. I watched him proceed to drink most of the bottle that she gave him. I’ll stick to whiskey.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine's son was working for the local vet while in his senior year. One day when they had been inoculating a bunch of hogs, this wild-eyed hairy guy comes crashing in the door + steals a whole handful of used syringes + takes off. I guess nature took care of that one.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Damn, you guys have some spooky stories! Eeker

one of us
Picture of Nitro Express
posted Hide Post
When I was in graduate school I worked for a wholesaler who sold tobacco, candy and drug store OTC items. A lot of the customers were small independent stores in the poorer areas of town.

Orders usually amounted to six of this, a dozen of that, in the smallest size the item came in--toothpaste, bottles of aspirin, etc.

But every month one of our salesmen, Frank, brought in an order from the same store for all the usual small items, and then a dozen of the largest bottles of Mennen Skin Bracer we carried. I asked Frank why the tiny store ordered such giant bottles of aftershave?

The town was dry and the nearest liquor store was way outside the city limits. Frank said many old people lived in the neighborhood and didn't have any motorized transportation or much money, so they bought the giant size Mennen aftershave and drank it.

This was back in the late '60s.

LTC, USA, RET
Benefactor Life Member, NRA
Member, SCI & DSC
Proud son of Texas A&M, Class of 1969

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?" Robert Browning

Posts: 1542 | Location: Native Texan Now In Jacksonville, Florida, USA | Registered: 10 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A buddy told me that when he went to Nam + found out that the local beer was made with formaldehyde he said, that knowledge + the resulting hangover caused him to just start smoking pot.