Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Missing members Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
In reading some other dredged up posts, I noticed some names I haven't seen in some time.

Anybody know about Bob in Texas or Grumulkin?

How about Whitworth? Haven't read anything from Max in quite awhile on a couple forums.

one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted Hide Post
Whatever happened to Ass_Clown?

Posts: 7467 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Frank Martinez + I did a lot of business in years past but his health was failing.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think Bob in Texas started selling cars at a dealership. May not have a lot of extra time. I might have the wrong Bob in mind.

Keep yer powder dry and yer knife sharp.

Posts: 580 | Location: Texas City, TX. USA. | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
People come and go on here all of the time. Some leave voluntarily; others not so. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
how about verizone(sp) the guy who knows EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING and hated ED HARRIS on boolits site. haven't seen his posts lately.

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Whatever happened to Ass_Clown?

His stupidity was entertaining.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think some people were paid to post and the money dried-up.

Posts: 13760 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:

We stopped paying people when Trump declared his first bankruptcy! rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66765 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OkieNewton:
I think Bob in Texas started selling cars at a dealership. May not have a lot of extra time. I might have the wrong Bob in mind.

He is on facebook. I can tell you he and his sister have both had a severe and frightening reaction to the covid vaccine. He has sustained a serious injury. Praying he recovers.

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear that Ann. Do you know which vaccine they received? I am waiting for my second Moderna.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill, I don't recall but I do know it was just the first shot of the series. Messed up his equilibrium big time.

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:

We stopped paying people when Trump declared his first bankruptcy! rotflmo

That explains why you stopped sending me $10,000,000,000,000 Zim notes.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7574 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I remember as a kid being lined up in the school cafeteria to get out polio shots. And yes, it was mandatory.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
I remember as a kid being lined up in the school cafeteria to get out polio shots. And yes, it was mandatory.

we got sugar cubes

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
Very sorry to hear that Ann. Do you know which vaccine they received? I am waiting for my second Moderna.

me too. was on a waiting list in 4 counties and got a notification to make an appoint in austin at a sports complex. was at 2:30. got there an hour early. easily 500 cars in line, traffic directors everywhere. 2 hour wait. finally got to head of line, got the shot, thanked the guy. he was shocked. said everyone else was yelling at them. said we're all volunteers, we're not responsible for this mess. i was just glad to get the damn shot! hope #2 goes easier.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Bill, I never felt either Moderna shot. They were at a Walgreens.

I asked the pharmacist if I should wait around a while. His look was "Why?". But he said, well if you have any more shopping to do. I just got in my car and drove 30 miles home.

Every individual is different. Ghost stories abound. Probably all of them are true.

Posts: 13760 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Ken, glad the Modernas went smoothly for you. I woke up this morning feeling crummy -- low-grade fever, headache and body aches, but it could be a lot worse. Just glad to be through with this.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I sent Whitworth a PM a couple of years ago. Never heard back. He used to moderate one of the forums. He organized a handgun hog hunt in Florida which I attended. Didn't kill anything but enjoyed meeting some of the folks on AR.
I have had both my (Pfizer) shots. No big deal. Now, my wife had both her Moderna shots and had fairly significant reactions to both. Lasted a couple of days each. At least that's why she said she couldn't cook and clean the house!!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Makes sense. Big Grin

one of us
posted Hide Post
I was on a couple of waiting lists, but never called. Went into a local private drug store and they were calling people for their shots. I asked what I needed to do and she said full out a couple of papers and show my new red, white, and blue from SS office as they could not use the Humana PPO card for their money. No problems!! just wait a few minutes as it was 2 pm on last thursday. My appointment was set up for 2 days later. My wife and I went in on Sat. at 11 am and only 1 person was ahead of us. They were giving the J & J shot one time only needed. No problem for us and I couldn't feel the shot when giving it into the arm.
Not like the old days in the Army when we had to take shots. I always had fever, but never anything with this new J & J Shot. My blood type is O and this seems to have a little extra protection.

Posts: 965 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ken, glad the Modernas went smoothly for you. I woke up this morning feeling crummy -- low-grade fever, headache and body aches, but it could be a lot worse. Just glad to be through with this.

Just finished my second Moderna shot a couple of days ago and I felt like shizz again-but a lot worse than the first shot. I had Covid in November and didn't recall feeling this bad with the virus itself. Damn, I'm glad to be over with the shots!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Vaughn, glad youre O.K. I still have not had my 1st as there is none here (supposedly).

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Randy, my friend. tu2 Even though the shots have some side effects, it's still best to get them when they are available to you. Be well and stay safe! Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a question. If......you were sure you'd already had the virus and were over it; would you still get the vaccine shots or trust the antibodies you'd developed?

Posts: 217 | Location: SW of Dodge City | Registered: 18 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I knew that I had the virus. Tested twice for it and both tests were positive. Had all of the symptoms minus a couple of them. Would I still get the shots? Yes, I would.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
So why wouldn't having the virus and surviving be as good as the artificial vaccine (or what ever it is?)?

Are folks going to have to take two doses every year (or more) now that make them ill to 'survive this situation? None of it makes sense to me. Especially when I see some people are having serious side effects. I am honestly afraid to take it. The flu vaccines always made me very sick. I can't deal with the downtime from being ill.

~Ann

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Evidence at this point indicates that vaccine immunity lasts longer than immunity due to having COVID. And yes, this virus will be around forever now and yearly vaccination will likely be the norm. Or you can take your chances, just like with influenza.....

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13105 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
So why wouldn't having the virus and surviving be as good as the artificial vaccine (or what ever it is?)?

Are folks going to have to take two doses every year (or more) now that make them ill to 'survive this situation? None of it makes sense to me. Especially when I see some people are having serious side effects. I am honestly afraid to take it. The flu vaccines always made me very sick. I can't deal with the downtime from being ill.

The downtime of covid long haul is terrifying

https://www.webmd.com/lung/new...long-haul-symptoms#1

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now here I'm going out on a limb passing info that I don't really understand. A friend in the Veterinary business said that the vacine attaches to your DNA which is not a good thing. 50/50 odds here folks. Also that it took them years to come up with an AIDS vacine but this one was designed in 9 months?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
A friend in the Veterinary business said that the vacine attaches to your DNA which is not a good thing.

Exactly.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The downtime of covid long haul is terrifying

Yes, I understand that. I feel like I am between a rock and a hard place. We live very rural and in general are not around other people. If I get sick my duties don't get done. If I get injured permanently by a vaccine then I lose my livelihood. I can't afford either situation.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I totaly agree. 4 years ago my eldest son came to me + said, "Dad, I just bought you a Harley Electra Glide" I told him I don't want it. My riding days are over. If I had any accident (+ on a motorcycle no accident is minor, really), I would be out of business. Break one arm + I am screwed.