THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    What Do You Expect To Get From Santa?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Do You Expect To Get From Santa? Login/Join 
one of us
posted
Santa came early and unexpectedly for me. I had just finished my last bottle of Venezuelan rum (Anniversario) and was wondering whether I would have to go back for more.

I got to thinking that when we left there years ago, I had thought about hiding a few bottles in our container, and that maybe I hadn't found them all.

After a brief search, I uncovered a bottle of Santa Teresa 1796 Ron Antiguo de Solera https://www.santateresarum.com/santa-teresa-1796/ wrapped in a copy of the Maracaibo Panorama newspaper dated Saturday, July 20, 2002. That makes it about a thirty year old rum now between the aging in bourbon oak barrels, the bottle, the container. Brought back a lot of memories; good and bad. Almost seems a shame to open it, but I guess it's time.

Thanks Santa

Posts: 13771 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
My mother generally sends a bit of money. It will go to farm improvements.

~Ann

Posts: 19145 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A couple of friends came up to my cabin to muzzle losd hunt for deer. I was upstairs and went to a chest of draws that I hadn't opened in years. In one of the drawers I found a model 12 take down in a canvas case. I brought it down and my buddy swapped it for some coins. He said he was putting it under the tree and I guess I will put my coins under the tree too.

Posts: 557 | Location: Michigan, US | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
As a general rule, I concern myself more with what I'm getting my boys than what I might be getting. But I'd rather get nothing than a pair of socks. I worked with a guy years ago that felt that Christmas was the time to buy himself as righteous present + he also told his wife that their kid was not gonna hear any of that Santa crap he said, "I bought his gifts, no one else is getting the credit." I told him, Dave, Scrooge could'nt hold a candle to you.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I nearly waited too long on that bottle of rum. Since it had been sitting upright for eighteen years the cork had disintegrated and broke into dust when I tried to twist the top.

Taste-wise.....still good.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That should make for some enjoyable sipping.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
i found $500 in twenties in a coat pocket ... a coat i hadn't worn in over a year....

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2826 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jim, I've hears about folks like you. Smiler I have NEVER forgotten about lost money!

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted document.write('<nobr>'+ myTimeZone('Thu, 17 Dec 2020 13:10:11 GMT-0800', '18 December 2020 01:10')+'</nobr>');18 December 2020 01:1018 December 2020 01:10Hide PostI nearly waited too long on that bottle of rum. Since it had been sitting upright for eighteen years the cork had disintegrated and broke into dust when I tried to twist the top

A new use for sox, filtering your booze.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
New book from Chris Dorsey, 180 new Nosler 280 Rem brass, a couple boxes of 280 Ackley ammo, and a Hornady 280 Ackley form die after I get my shit together and get once fired brass to Hornady.

I traded for a SIG 716 Tread in 308. It should be here in a week or two.

Posts: 7767 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I expect or want nothing, I have to much stuff now. My kids and grandkids will give me small gifts which is nice. I give them money rather than gifts. They can then spend of what they like.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm the same way. I don't "need" anything. I write checks to kids, grandkids, and a few other in-laws.

I did get a trail camera in a Secret Santa thing with friends. I'll make use of that. Personally I like to see Christmas in my rear-view mirror. I'm kind of a "Grinch".

one of us
posted Hide Post
A used LeCroy oscilloscope that probably needs its power supply rebuilt, scheduled for delivery today.
Four channel color, 1 GHz bandwidth. Ahhh...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14361 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i got 4 boxes of federal match 168 grain 308.

i just want 2020 done.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
"need

Often confused with want.

Dave

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nutz, the LeCroy needs more...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14361 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted Hide Post
It was a great Christmas. I got gifts for a family that’s having a tough time due to the pandemic. It was organized by someone who looks into the recipients. I also found a great deal on a K31 for me.

Posts: 7476 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
I expect or want nothing, I have to much stuff now.

Yep. Exactly! tu2 I enjoy just watching the grandkids get so excited about Christmas, Santa Claus and hearing his bells and seeing the red nose of Rudolph in the sky, preparing and setting out the cookies and milk, and examining all of the presents under the tree. Big Grin I've had my time and excitement; now it's their time. Big Grin tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Indeed! Also, I don't miss all those nights before Christmas staying up assembling things then just falling asleep about the time the kids are up + running. Smiler