Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amos & Andy - Bring Them Back Login/Join 
one of us
posted
Those actors on the TV series broke barriers and paved the way for future careers and other Black sitcoms, yet they get treated like pariahs by both Blacks and Whites.

I would like to see them get their due. Their shows haven't been broadcast in almost sixty years. They are no more stereotypical than Sanford & Son or The Jeffersons. They deserve a better / wider venue than YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ka6u2WA_zU

Posts: 13773 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I agree, it was/is great humor, but as we all know some folks will always have to find fault + make an issue out of nothing.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What keeps them from getting on the air, and also the credit they deserve, is the N.A.A.C.P.

Posts: 13773 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In honor of the show I named my two favorite goats Amos & Andy.
I also have Laverne & Shirley and Ginger & Mary Ann.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I characterized a frivolous malpractice complaint full of misused medical terms and misspellings leveled at one of our doctors as "appearing to have been composed by Algonquin J. Calhoun". The youngsters didn't know what I meant, and the other baby boomers were afraid to laugh. A crying shame. No sense of humor.
"Not only do I resent the allegation, but I resents the alligator" came to mind.