The Accurate Reloading Forums
Lawsuit on unpurchased Automated Braking option

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3611043/m/5291029962

10 March 2022, 00:05
skl1
Lawsuit on unpurchased Automated Braking option
Yikes!

Jeep is being sued because they sold a car without a non-mandatory safety option, which wasn't purchased, installed. Right to sue upheld by Supreme Court (though plaintiff could still lose suit):

https://www.roadandtrack.com/c...0Day%20Non%20Openers
10 March 2022, 09:13
NormanConquest
We live in crazy times.

Never mistake motion for action.
10 March 2022, 18:22
Saeed
This is nuts!

I have a BMW X5.

Each time it goes to service, they update its software, which means back to factory settings!

A bloody nightmare, as I spend ages turning all the stupid safety things off!

One of the worst ones is the lane change warning.

Which is actually dangerous as it is very aggressive in pushing the steering wheel back.

If one is passing a wide vehicle, and gets close to the dividing white line, you get pushed back!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000
10 March 2022, 21:34
skl1
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
This is nuts!

I have a BMW X5.

Each time it goes to service, they update its software, which means back to factory settings!

Which is actually dangerous as it is very aggressive in pushing the steering wheel back.

If one is passing a wide vehicle, and gets close to the dividing white line, you get pushed back!

I know exactly what you mean. Before Covid, I got into Dallas one night after midnight, and the rental agency gave me a new GM. I had to drive across town through construction, crossing over white lines and with Jersey wall barriers close on either side. My seat and steering wheel were shaking, my mirrors were blinking, and sirens were going off! I thought I was going to have an accident just from sensory overload. And of course I had no idea how to turn all the alarms off.
11 March 2022, 03:56
jdollar
Nanny state has thinking at its best.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…
13 March 2022, 10:18
NormanConquest
I have always been against "laws to protect us from ourselves", I.E (over 18) seatbelts +/or motorcycle helmets. I agree that they are a good idea but I don't agree that they should be made into law.

Never mistake motion for action.
15 March 2022, 10:14
lavaca
The Jeep case is ridiculous. Personally, I don't want a machine thinking for me and taking over control. I think that is a very bad idea.

Years ago, I was driving south on I-45 from Dallas to Houston. I saw an accident developing on the Northbound lane ahead of me. A sportscar spun out and crossed the median toward me. A machine (and most people probably) would have braked and I'd have been nailed. I floored it. Turf flew over my car, but the spinning out car missed me and went behind me. You can't replace human judgment, despite the fact that most humans have poor judgment.
15 March 2022, 18:54
BaxterB
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
This is nuts!

I have a BMW X5.

??? It actually turns the wheel?? Holy hell, that’s stupid.

My tundra has a lot of traction control which works well, and radar cruise control, but it doesn’t fight my steering!