Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Clever thought about Smoking Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
About coconuts, pharmaceutical and tobacco companies.
> From Smoking every 6 seconds. a man dies, a year 5.000.000

Hopefully, You understand what to count, how many people die from Smoking, it is impossible, even with an error of plus or minus one to two orders of magnitude.
Therefore, propaganda is:
"Grandfather(grandmother) died(died) from ischemia, stroke, cancer? Smoke(smoked)? No? And used (smoked) Smoking? No? And in the family someone was Smoking? - Well, mark, who died of Smoking..."
And don't forget that the fight against Smoking you can raise very good money.
Once this is realized looking for a new business, in the world launched the first anti-Smoking campaign.

(But the statistics on the coconuts and the icicles, I believe. The error is very small. Cause and effect obvious - snow-head-dead-dead-dead)

Posts: 2356 | Location: Moscow | Registered: 07 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Being from Texas, I should have known better than to open and read this, but I did. Frowner

I kind of followed the smoking "logic", but I still can't understand where coconuts fit in? Confused

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I sincerely apologize, for my English and manner of communication. That's what we do (not about language). This post is, apparently, a fragment from the discussion of causes of death. The author explains that the statistics of deaths "due to Smoking" is speculative, because the disease is exclusively due to Smoking - a rarity. Now, if someone fell asleep in bed with a cigarette, then Yes, there's a reason it was Smoking, and if somebody died of lung cancer may be due to Smoking, maybe not. And for contrast, the author explains that the statistics are reliable in other cases, such as deaths due to falling coconuts or icicles, because in these cases a causal relationship is obvious and easily provable.

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Vashper, your last post is the most lucid you've ever been. Glad to see the progress.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wink:
Vashper, your last post is the most lucid you've ever been. Glad to see the progress.

And whose progress Wink, mine or yours? Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Vashper I see you are still the legend! Thanks

Posts: 885 | Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa | Registered: 08 January 2010Reply With Quote