Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FINE DINING! Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Treated myself today----Ice cold beer and 3 White castle double cheese burgers (STEAMED----YES STEAMED) the only way to go!!!

$2.16 each!

Hip

P.S. Eat your hearts out!!! Big Grin dancing archer

Posts: 1793 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My wife’s family is from the Chicago area and we went to a wedding there a few years ago. I had heard of White Castle a lot but of course there aren’t any around where I live. We went to a White Castle for lunch with one of her cousins…he ate 6 of them! I only ate 2 but they were pretty good.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2723 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
They used to be good but like everything else, have become mass produced and no longer have any appeal to me.

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I agree Ann. The way things are going anymore makes dying young not such a bad idea.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hipshoot:
Treated myself today----Ice cold beer and 3 White castle double cheese burgers (STEAMED----YES STEAMED) the only way to go!!!

$2.16 each!

Hip

P.S. Eat your hearts out!!! Big Grin dancing archer

We call them belly bombs! You get the scoots for three days and toxic gas from eating them. The are HQed in Columbus and the original Castle is in Grandview. they were $.17 when I was at OSU. After a night drinking, I went to Burger King, we always said "you don't F&^% with the Castles!

Posts: 5691 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've got cousins from Granview. Wasn't much there years ago when I visited them---just Dennison U.
I remember White Castles at 7 cents way back when.

Hip

Posts: 1793 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had a couple White Castle sliders 20 years ago. Never again.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2628 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used to like them now and them, but $2.16 each? Iirc, they used to be about a dime each. Oh well, a chevy used to cost about $2500 back then.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
True; it's all relative to a point, + the point is that the products + wages have NOT increased at the same level. A good case in point in using your own item; in 1972 I could buy a new pickup truck for $2500.00 + my weekly wages were $160.00. That made it affordable. Not so anymore. When a new truck starts at $75K I don't see how these young people can make it. Oh Yeah, the credit bubble! That one scares me. "I'm not living beyond my means, just a little bit ahead of it." An attitude designed to fail.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Fine dinning.

Took a T bone out. cooked inside my wood heating stove.

Hash browns and a cold glass of milk.

Posts: 19314 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now that does sound good.

one of us
posted Hide Post
It was.

Posts: 19314 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, But you don't get the surround sound and fragrance of a REALLY GOOD FART! Cool Big Grin dancing

Hip

One of Us
posted Hide Post
p dog, I can relate, although mine is not totally vegetarian, I find that when she goes to any sort of hen party, I find great solace in taking out a steak + baked potatoe.

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
I tried a couple WC burgers way back when I visited my cousins in Cincinati. Drove out in my 1967 Cougar XR-7. Didn't do much for me.
What I hunger for is a Burger King bacon double cheeseburger with ketchup & onions. I still wonder how they can sell them for under 3 bucks. Very tasty. And I'm not big on fast food.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5086 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My mother and other Europeans I have known, pan fried steaks, the Brits are big on boiling. That should be made illegal. Wink

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1577 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, I remember in National Lampoon's 1976 copy of "Unwanted foreigners" the description of the Brits was "A bunch of pasty-faced faggots with bad teeth who boil everything, including their bread." They trashed every race in that copy, including their description of the Germans whose women wear their legs upside down but have the good points of killing many french.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hipshoot:
Yeah, But you don't get the surround sound and fragrance of a REALLY GOOD FART! Cool Big Grin dancing

Hip

you do at my house. i'm thinking of designing a fart powered wind mill to power the tv.

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
I remember White Castles at 7 cents way back when.

We also used to call them fart starters. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
They did, didn't they? I had forgotten that part. r/e fart.